Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a newbie. Thanks administration for allowing me on board. What does this error mean and what do i need to do to fix it.? It also indicates my hood is open... wife is flipping.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,804 Posts
Welcome from one of the SoCal Nuts!

TLAT is covered here if you follow this link. The link is something you will want to bookmark.

What is the exact wording for the hood problem, because I do not know of any sensors on the hood?

Reactions: 03SSRTX

·
SSR Pit Crew
13,173 Posts
You are right Dwight! NO hood signal, must mean Bed Cover.

It is on the link you suggested, after you lube/fix microswitches USE the roof.

USE it or Lose it!

Dicktator

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,887 Posts
03SSRTX, Welcome from Forney Texas!!! you have found the BEST FORUM ever! -----Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then when you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

Nick & Kathy

·
Premium Member
2,023 Posts
I'm a newbie. Thanks administration for allowing me on board. What does this error mean and what do i need to do to fix it.? It also indicates my hood is open... wife is flipping.

Looks like the gang has you heading the right direction.

I want to know if you are in Texas (03SSRTX) think the TX could be a clue.

I handle the Texas R's and need to know: email me or PM me [email protected]

Frank

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tlat switch

I live in fl and have the same problem periodically. Mine tells me roof ajar. I have to wait for it to reset maybe the next day before I can put the roof down. 3 different dealers have not been able to fix. My ssr is a 2005.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,804 Posts
I live in fl and have the same problem periodically. Mine tells me roof ajar. I have to wait for it to reset maybe the next day before I can put the roof down. 3 different dealers have not been able to fix. My ssr is a 2005.
Check out the link in post #2 of this thread

Welcome to the family. Hope this will make sense to you. If not come back and ask again. if it helps please let us know. You might also want to fill in the information portion of your Profile as explained in post 4 in this thread.

Reactions: Auggie Doggie

·
2,427 Posts
You picked the right state there is help on both coasts and in the middle. You have to let us know where in Florida. :grin2:

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,887 Posts
Lewilsonusar, like BlueStreak said, see my post #4. Welcome--AND go to "FOURMS, SSRFanatics News & Polls, New Member section" and introduce Yourself!

Nick

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,639 Posts
A big hearty welcome from Sunny Sturgis South Dakota!!!

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Roof is currently stowed. Attempted to raise roof. TLAT display on. Read most of the messages. Released cover both sides as instructed. Raised
.Followed directions given in OneDrive discussion on the issue. Neither switch seemed to be stuck, but sprayed them with silicone spray. Returned them to their position. When attempting to lower compartment cover, found flipper door would not stow properly and let the top cover descend to its position for relatch. Have exercised the flipper door cylinders by pressing on the flipper door but no joy in aligning the flipper door with its resting place. ANY ideas for proceeding would be appreciated!!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Roof is currently stowed. Attempted to raise roof. TLAT display on. Read most of the messages. Released cover both sides as instructed. Raised
.Followed directions given in OneDrive discussion on the issue. Neither switch seemed to be stuck, but sprayed them with silicone spray. Returned them to their position. When attempting to lower compartment cover, found flipper door would not stow properly and let the top cover descend to its position for relatch. Have exercised the flipper door cylinders by pressing on the flipper door but no joy in aligning the flipper door with its resting place. ANY ideas for proceeding would be appreciated!!
My SSr bent the roof hinges. It was not the first SSR to bend the hinges. And it won't be the last. Do your best to compare the left and right hinges before taking anything apart. I didn't notice a problem until I removed the hinges and then it was obvious.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Thanks for the response. I realized that the flipper door was supposed to be horizontal with the top stowed. We straightened the flipper door out ( the cylinders had relaxed) and the cover closed properly. I am ready to relatch the cover and try to again!

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Success. Due to the excellent information from numerous people on this Forum, I was able to sort out the TLat issue. The entry above was sent in haste. I had not thought through the issue completely. It should be filed in the Operator Error bin. But all is well with the top functioning. Thanks and Regards. Bruce G.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts