Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the throttle body spacer and I have to say it works... The on/off throttle responce is amazing. The truck is a little more fun to drive now that it has more responce...

On yea..The T&T one is only $45 shipped and looks factory. I would suggest buying the inverted torx set so the studs come out easy..I sure did enjoy have them.

Take a look at the pic below..Almost factory...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got it off of Ebay... Great people and very fast shipping. $49.95 with free shipping right now..I guess the price went up a tad.

T&T Spacer

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,781 Posts
Who knows...

if there is enough room to install both this throttle body spacer AND a K&N Air Filter and fit the whole thing in so the hood will close properly??

Steve, I see you have the "Green filter" installed. How much of a difference in acceleration does it make?

P/P

Peace :flag

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do not have a problem spinning the tires all the way through first..I have the t body spacer, Green filter and the predator...Much more fun to drive now...

I realy like the drop in and the Green Filter is fantastic... I looked at the K&N and just did not want to put that ugly box and cone filter in the front of my truck. I like the clean factory look...

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hey Boosted,
Glad you like the spacer, I know it's made an improvement on mine. :thumbs

Anyone else with positive/negative results, let the others know. I remember there were about 2 or 3 others that were going to get one.

·
Registered
127 Posts
HD-Fatboy said:
Hey Boosted,
Glad you like the spacer, I know it's made an improvement on mine. :thumbs

Anyone else with positive/negative results, let the others know. I remember there were about 2 or 3 others that were going to get one.
I ordered mine at the same time as Boosted but I haven't received it. Stay Tuned!!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gary's 04 said:
I ordered mine at the same time as Boosted but I haven't received it. Stay Tuned!!

Go buy yourself an Inverted torx kit...It will save you allot of time and you won't have to worry with disconnecting the coolant lines to the t-body...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Gary's 04 said:
I just ordered one today, Tyler said it will ship tomorrow, just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Spacer

Iv'e got an Airaid 70mmx1" throttle body spacer if anyone wan'ts it.I paid$ 99.95.Will unload for less.Didn't like it cause it whistled like a Po-Mans' turbocharger.Sounded embarassing.Plus, I can understand spacing a carburated engine and spinning the mix, but I can't understand reducing the bore by 5mm and spinning air through an already agressive runnered manifold on an injected motor.
Thats just me.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Boosted said:
Go buy yourself an Inverted torx kit...It will save you allot of time and you won't have to worry with disconnecting the coolant lines to the t-body...
What is an inverted torx kit? Where can you get it and why should I get it?

I have ordered the TB spacer.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The throttle body studs have a torx head on them. You can use a torx socket and back them out..If not it is th eol channel lock method.

Sears has them

·
Registered
127 Posts
Boosted said:
BOOSTED --I received mine on Friday but the person at the hotel in St.Louis "forgot" to tell me I have mail. I will be going home this weekend and will try to install if the "honey-do" list gets accomplished before I come back to St. Louis on Sunday. I do have the tools. THANKS!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The only thing I can see it voiding is the o ring in the factory intake..Bit you get 2 new gakets anyway...

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Ordering one in the morning. Their ad says 8 to 10 days delivery! Hope I can get it before the weekend. Thanks for answering my post Boosted :seeya

·
Registered
395 Posts
Which one are you guys going with ????? is there alot of difference in the $99 vs the $49 I've also heard that some of them wlistle somewhat /// so what's the best shot ?????
THANKS
BILL :thumbs

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I put an Air Raid in my Impala that has a 3800.... Made a big difference with acceleration. Their ad says it's working when you hear the whisle......... And it does whisle. I just ordered the T & T did not receive yet.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts