Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This week at Bud's Tire notes. Tuesday Bud and his daughter Alison set me up to get arrested by the County. Ali Kay said Bob will you test drive this car to Woodbury and back. Sure will, I need an hour of R & R. Ali Kay said, Bob, it doesn't have any license plates but there's paper's in the glove box and it will be OK. About a mile down the road, I started thinking we NEVER test drive a vehicle to Woodbury (50 miles round trip) especially with no license tags. So ole Bob says to himself, I'm gettin' off the 4 lane (70S East), so I got on the back roads immediately. Then I thought, hey I'm gonna' be in Cannon County in a few minutes and they just "luv" to pull over anybody from Murfreesboro. "Hey officer, I work for Bud's Tires and I'm just test driven' a car" I can just hear the officer "Bud's Tire ??? where in the hell is Bud's Tire and what the hell you doin' in Cannon County test driven' a damn car with no license tag" !!! Well I didn't get pulled over so I stayed on the back roads with one eye on the speedometer and one eye on the rear view mirror. Got back Bud & Ali Kay didn't even ask how the car ran "You didn't have any trouble did you Bob" "Heater work OK" ??? Both of them smiling all the time. Now yesterday day, Bud said come on Bob let's go to Woodbury and pick up a car. I said 3 or 4 times are you serious ??? Yes he said come on. Got to Woodbury (rural Woodbury), got off the 4 lane and ended up at a house that looked like "Fred Sanford & Son" an old dump truck and other junk throughout the yard and ... and SUV jack up on 3 wheels (typical Tennessee style). I said I "ain't" gettin' out. Bud said go beat on the front door and get the keys ... so I did. Bud got the spare out ... by the way the reason it only had 3 wells is "thieves" had stolen the right rear tire and even took the lug nuts but ... left their jack. so we jacked it up another couple of notches and ... "stole" 2 lug nots from the right front wheel to hold the spare on ... let her down and we's ready to go. Couldn't get the lug nuts off the the drivers side cause they were too tight and we didn't have a "4 way" just a battery operated impact gun. Bud said get in there and drive it to the shop ... best words I ever heard yesterday to get the hell out' Cannon County. Told Bud "lucky I didn't get shot banging' on that front door with the rain pouring' down" I did stand to the side just in case a shotgun blast came through and tried to blow me away. What a week at Bud's Tire Pro !!!! Never a dull moment. tennesseecozydog !!!

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
I saw this on tv, "Heat of the Night" on metv. ha ha or was it on Gomer and Goober on Andy Griffith.

·
Premium Member
2,776 Posts
Entertaining story Cozy Dog!

·
Premium Member
19,205 Posts
Working at a van store years ago , had a guy who kept dropping bad checks in a weeks time. Well he finally came by with all parts installed . Owner tells me see if keys are in it , so I did , they were and snows told me jump on it and bury in warehouse. I did . Cops were called . They never knew who drove van to shop. But when asked I told them that there is a gun in drivers door. Turn out the guy was a felon ..... ooops

·
BAD BOW TIE
9,455 Posts
Bob,
Whats with this TWAB thing. I thought you said you hated initials and the new generation thing. What the heck does it mean anyway????? Maybe you can teach this old dog some new tricks???

·
Premium Member
4,656 Posts
Bob,
Whats with this TWAB thing. I thought you said you hated initials and the new generation thing. What the heck does it mean anyway????? Maybe you can teach this old dog some new tricks???
Auggie I think it stands for "This Week At Buds". Could mean The World Around Bob.

·
BAD BOW TIE
9,455 Posts
"This Week's A Bust".........how 'bout that for twab?? o_O

★★ ~~ Now isn't it about time for some more "Hee Haw" re-runs??
Bob used to be on here 24/7 but lately he does the hit and run thing. Makes a post and then takes off and doesn't respond for 2 or 3 days. Must be too busy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts