Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just installed all new stepper motors on cluster the pads on tachometer are bad I need schematic to install jumper wires to stepper motor all 4 pins can any one help thanks Chev39

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
5,936 Posts
There are no schematics for the dash cluster. I guess you used too hot of an iron for too long? You will have to get very very small wire strands and carefully scrape the traces back so that you can CAREFULLY add some solder to them and then to the stepper. It is not for the faint of heart and there are also some other things to consider. I have repaired many of these for people that tried and failed to replace steppers properly, I would suggest you send it to me or someone else that does this repair so it can be done properly. I can also recalibrate all the needles before sending back out.

Send me a Conversation if you are interested in my offer to assist.

Example of bad solder job I repaired. I cannot tell you exactly what pads go where, each stepper area has different pads or locations.

Helpful Links
Add your location on Fanatic PINMAP and locate others
SSR Technical Resource - Quick searchable help
Electronic Repairs - Speedometer, brake, door latch, fuse box, stereo, etc

·
SSR Pit Crew
11,900 Posts
You are right Mike aka Draqon2U, not everyone can solder stepper motors. Very, Very sensitive to heat!

Trace is hair thin, burn, gone!

Dicktator

Pictures of PC Board that SSR owners did their own solder. Repairs were not easy.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are no schematics for the dash cluster. I guess you used too hot of an iron for too long? You will have to get very very small wire strands and carefully scrape the traces back so that you can CAREFULLY add some solder to them and then to the stepper. It is not for the faint of heart and there are also some other things to consider. I have repaired many of these for people that tried and failed to replace steppers properly, I would suggest you send it to me or someone else that does this repair so it can be done properly. I can also recalibrate all the needles before sending back out.

Example of bad solder job I repaired. I cannot tell you exactly what pads go where, each stepper area has different pads or locations.

View attachment 573105

Helpful Links

View attachment 573105

Helpful Links
sounds good send your address and I will ship it . let me know price so I can send payment . cell or text 518-593-3302

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sounds grate send your address and I will ship it. Let me know the charge so I send payment thank you cell or text 518-593-3302

1 - 5 of 5 Posts