Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone tell me where i can get a set of tail lights NOT FROM A RIP OFF JUNK YARD, but a custom set as i have seen on this site or a private sale ??? I dont get the price gouging! Its a junk piece of plastic! So sad

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,475 Posts
The plastic that the housing are made out of can be brittle. I bought a pair and they had been repaired and the seller was very honest with me. They broke just in shipping they were that brittle. I was going to glue them back together but haven't bothered with them. Kaminari is making fiber glass buckets and you can add your own lights to them. That may be an option for you. I have some lenses but my buckets are toast.

·
SSR Pit Crew
13,058 Posts
can someone tell me where i can get a set of tail lights NOT FROM A RIP OFF JUNK YARD, but a custom set as i have seen on this site or a private sale ??? I dont get the price gouging! Its a junk piece of plastic! So sad
You are right, "junk piece of plastic" that they don't make anymore.

Hope you can find a "cheap" pair or any tail lights.

Dicktator

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The plastic that the housing are made out of can be brittle. I bought a pair and they had been repaired and the seller was very honest with me. They broke just in shipping they were that brittle. I was going to glue them back together but haven't bothered with them. Kaminari is making fiber glass buckets and you can add your own lights to them. That may be an option for you. I have some lenses but my buckets are toast.
looks like a great alternative. Rather than buying oem ones that will eventually crack!

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
does it come like in your picture with the bucket or do you have to mount the old one to it ???
Now for that answer you will need to ask SWT RYD looks like he has built a pair and installed them on his SSR, I have not yet had to replace any on my SSR it only has 11,000 Miles on.

·
Premium Member
6,608 Posts
Now for that answer you will need to ask SWT RYD looks like he has built a pair and installed them on his SSR, I have not yet had to replace any on my SSR it only has 11,000 Miles on.
1st picture is the buckets that were originally made by MPD. I made my own mounting hardware and use LED Spyder lights with a 63 Chevy lenses. Just trial and error.
IMG_20200323_133249701.jpg
IMG_20200511_065510637_MP.jpg
IMG_20200511_065710545_MP.jpg
IMG_20200511_065758795.jpg
p
IMG_20200511_065704285_MP.jpg

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Really nice job makes me rethink not changing out my tail lights, I think a set of your tail light lens and this trunk emblem to replace the OEM tail gate emblem would look great.
E91114DA-5AFA-49D2-9F11-4CADDEFBE01B.jpeg

1 - 18 of 18 Posts