Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody noticed, looking at the back of your ssr that the right side tailpipe is about 3/4 of an inch shorter than the left?, now that I have it bugs me everytime I look at the back :mad you think something so basic would be easy to get right,the local muffler shop wouldn't be that far off,whats up with that,the tips are some nice,to nice tobe miss-fit like that :mad .. Bayou Runner :seeya

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,610 Posts
Easy Fix

bayou runner said:
Has anybody noticed, looking at the back of your ssr that the right side tailpipe is about 3/4 of an inch shorter than the left?, now that I have it bugs me everytime I look at the back :mad .. Bayou Runner :seeya
Hey bayou,

I had the same exact issue with my SSR. There are two ways to fix your prolbem. Take your SSR to the dealer and ask them to realign the rear facia piece or I believe you can have the exhaust tip adjusted.

·
I'm not cool...
2,096 Posts
arrrgh!

I wish I'd never read this thread, I don't think I'd ever noticed.
guess I'll just hafta upgrade the exaust!
:flag

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Different lengths

When I upgraded my exhaust, the new exhaust also had different lengths. I read elsewhere that you could move the rear fender to fix the problem, but I just had the exhaust guy cut a 1/4 inch of the longer pipe.

·
Retired GM Program Manager/ Chief SSR Engineer
549 Posts
You need to adjust the bottom of the rear fascia. This can be done by loosening the attachment at the bottom center to the frame and moving the bottom edge of the fascia to align with the exhaust.
Retightening carefully should keep the fascia in the new correct position. It is interesting that the fascia looks OK in either position.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts