Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, who has removed their tailgate bow tie and what did you replace it with? Suggestions, pictures !!!
Thanks Alan

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a set of those flags, but mine are too small to cover the two holes left by the OEM bow tie

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Also went with Corvette flags. Ya might do a search using the custom google search feature. There's a bunch of cool ideas that guys here have done.

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,941 Posts
C7 Corvette Rear Emblem. Covers the homes on the SSR Tailgate.

Reactions: S2NAZ

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
put the oem back on, original had deteriorated from the sun

Reactions: Auggie Doggie

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Ok, who has removed their tailgate bow tie and what did you replace it with? Suggestions, pictures !!!
Thanks Alan
Replaced mine with Gold Chevy script. Picture 2 is Tn. Cozy Dogs 57 Chevy Emblem. (Bob doesn't do pictures).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,315 Posts
Moscooter did you fill in the holes ?
:wink2:

I bought my SSR from KGB recently. He had the tailgate emblem and SSR logo removed.

I think you use a length of fishing line mono to "saw" behind the SSR emblem to remove it safely. As to the big Chevy emblem, yes......there were holes and they had to be filled.

Since he had also opted for the custom running boards, He had the whole truck repainted.

Attachments

·
Registered
364 Posts
If you do not do any auto body work or paint yourself have a auto paint shop do it. There are mounting holes that will need to be filled...usually welded......then grinding down the weld spots, then sanding and then painted.

good luck

·
Premium Member
3,367 Posts
I think I will go like moscooter and smooth mine. The other alternative for me would be to flat black it and the SSR emblem also.

I am going through that stage and black out everything in the interior except the gear shift rod. In a couple of years I will probably bling it again.

I'm just saying.

Dave

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
The last time I had the car derailed they buffed the gold almost completely away, I have a used one that was sent to me but I haven’t had time to investigate if I can use the used one.
I still owe the fantic the price of the used one he sent me. I understand that it has a couple of pieces to it.
So any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts