Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to remove the emblem off the tailgate. Can I do the fishing line trick to cut thru the adhesive and is there any mounting holes behind it?

Thanks Don J

·
Premium Member
1,600 Posts
There are two locating holes in the tailgate and two posts on the emblem. Use fishing line or plastic scraper after warming with a hair dryer.

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
7,988 Posts
I agree with Greg. When I took the emblem off of my old (pre-MPD retro 'gate) tailgate there were two holes in the metal that receive the two mounting pins in the OE emblem. Be easy with the heat and Good Luck to you!!

·
BAD BOW TIE
9,295 Posts
You either need to replace the emblem with another you like or do body work. There are holes.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Yes all of the emblems have pins so the tail gate will have holes if you remove them. Some one customized my tailgate on the 04 and removed them all. I actually like it that way.

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
I took mine off. The two holes were that I had welded shut. I took the SSR off with fish line.

I like the smooth look much better on my Smok'n Asphalt.

I thought that bow tie was a little too much glitz and since I removed all the other chrome or satin I placed that and the SSR in a bag.

Dave

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
My 04 also has the tail gate with out the emblems and I like it better than the 05 with the emblems. I am going to swap tail gates before I sell the 04.

·
Premium Member
9,125 Posts
I put a much larger black bowtie on mine, I like the contrast of the black against the yellow. Yes I had holes for the alignment pins of the original... just standard peel and stick for the new one...was new part for a full size pick up

1 - 15 of 15 Posts