Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just discovered that the shield inside my RH tailgate hinge box is broken. The tab that broke off is still bolted inside the hinge box and I was able to remove the rest of the shield before it dropped out and got lost. It is GM Part No.15118158 (discontinued, of course).
Has anyone glued one of these back together, like with Gorilla glue, or is there somewhere I could purchase a replacement?
Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Gib

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Post a picture, I may have one in my stash.
I'll give it a shot. Never done a photo as yet so let me work on it. Thanks, much.
Gib

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I'll give it a shot. Never done a photo as yet so let me work on it. Thanks, much.
Gib
I did the drag and drop of 2 views but they did not show up. I'll study the process some more.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did the drag and drop of 2 views but they did not show up. I'll study the process some more.
Hope the photos made it this time. The top view (on the left) shows the break. The other is the side view.

Attachments

·
Cantankerous SSR CaretakR
2,305 Posts
Gib

I just used some aluminum angle I had lying around at the time. It was 1-1/2 X 1-1/2 X 1/8 angle cut to about 3 inches long. I angled the side that mounts to the frame to sort of match the plastic tabs but I don't recall there being any clearance issue with just using a full 3 inch piece.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gib

I just used some aluminum angle I had lying around at the time. It was 1-1/2 X 1-1/2 X 1/8 angle cut to about 3 inches long. I angled the side that mounts to the frame to sort of match the plastic tabs but I don't recall there being any clearance issue with just using a full 3 inch piece.
Many thanks. Gib

1 - 9 of 9 Posts