Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
My retro tailgate has white pin striping around the letters but they are a little crooked. Considering just having it painted all solid like yours.
It does look good! 馃槈

Registered
I had the letters hand painted by a local artist.
Really like your twist on the taillights also. Eric designed and built the molds for the taillight buckets for my truck then started to sell them.
looks like you got the last set for awhile.

Enjoy.

BAD BOW TIE
My retro tailgate has white pin striping around the letters but they are a little crooked. Considering just having it painted all solid like yours.
It does look good! 馃槈
Contact Wizzer. Maybe he could make you some letters in vinyl wrap to stick on over the letters. That way they would be perfect. Still need to be white to stand out and really pop like the 50's trucks.

Click here:
c10 tailgate lettering - Google Search

Slingshot Rules!
That Tailgate looks GREAT either way.

When I first personally witnessed that Tailgate concept at a Tech Session many years ago . . . I gave it a GREAT. Now, many years later, I'll continue give it a GREAT . . . possibly even a GREATER. .

! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: !

Registered
Somebody needs to try a wrap that looks like that tailgate. Complete with shadows to make it look 3 dimensional.
That's doable to a degree. When you do vinyl lettering as 3D with drop shades and highlights, the shadows never move. When it's on something like a moving tailgate, the mind expects those shadows to come and go with the movement and light. Your brain will wonder why everything is stagnate. So while it looks cool, it will never be the real thing.
Now you can do the lettering with an outline and and it won't try to fool your brain. It will look good but it won't have the depth of 3D.

Premium Member
Robert / All,
Experienced the new tailgate today in person. Looks better than the pictures allow. Plenty of "POP" as it is now.
Nice!!
Boomer Bob

1 - 19 of 19 Posts