Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Enjoy the site and information. Has anyone found that the tailgate, unless slammed will not close properly? Don't like slamming stuff, will be meeting the service manger tommorow.

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was quick zainossr. Did you seek a fix from the dealier without losing a water tight seal? Or did they give you the brush off?

·
Registered
168 Posts
It takes a firm push...

Since we know the cover is to be down before closing the tailgate and the seals around the bed are critical to prevent water intrusion, we are probably pressurizing the compartment as we close the tailgate. It does seem easier if I gently put it almost closed and then quickly open an inch or so and push it closed. I think this reduces the volume of air I am trapping.

Have fun!

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
When we first got the SSR I too couldn't figure it out, but my husband showed me that if you press down on each corner til it latches you don't have to slam it..... It has also gotten easier now I can shut it from the center without going to each side and I still don't have to slam it. Try that before you go to the dealer, especially one who has had little or no time to acess the SSR.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Air pressure

It seems funny that they wouldn't have just put in a little vent to prevent the air pressure problem.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I never slam my tailgate. After I close the tonu, I gently press the tailgate close until it clicks solidly. If I use too much pressure or slam the tailgate, the tonu pops open on one side partially. I am extremely pleased with the seals in the cargo area.

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
By closing the tailgate slowly you let the air escape there for it will close easier. Slamming the tailgate is like trap air in a bag when you close it fast, theres no place for the air to go.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Heavy tail gate in the lowering process/ raising

I am sure most of you, with your wifes, have had troubles with the tail gate being to heavy. I have just redesigned the procedure to include more bulk shock cord from the netbar to the tail gate. This will allow you/wife to lower/raise the tail gate with very little effort! :flag

1 - 10 of 10 Posts