Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's one I haven't heard of yet. On the bottom edge of the tailgate there is a piece of rubber weatherstrip. Between that and the metal of the tailgate there is a piece of foam running the entire length. This foam is coming out from between the two and hanging.
I don't ever remember seeing foam like this between rubber and metal on any other vehicle I have had. Is this piece a necessary piece? Or was it some packing that was never removed? Should I have the dealer check it? Or just yank it out?

·
OP
8,268 Posts
Some of the SSR's have excess weatherstripping that stick out when the gate is up. You can carefully trim this piece to flush when the gate is up.
I would first examine it in the down position to confirm that you will not be creating a gap for leakage.
Then I would check it in the up position as well. Trim very little each time and keep checking.
This is what I have experienced, if you are seeing something new, try and post pictures and I will check the service manual.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.