Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,798 Posts
Received Mikes Tailpipe Tips. What a quality piece of work. I may just plug the bottom and use them as Beer Steins (little expensive).
They work much better as tailpipes. I am sure Mike can make a better Beer Stein if you provide some minimum specs.
When you get those puppies mounted make sure you look at them and how the are positioned in relation to the body and each other before the welding takes place because when people hear them bark they will look.

·
Hot Rod Guy
11,094 Posts
They work much better as tailpipes. I am sure Mike can make a better Beer Stein if you provide some minimum specs.
When you get those puppies mounted make sure you look at them and how the are positioned in relation to the body and each other before the welding takes place because when people hear them bark they will look.
I've used his tips for 8 years. Removed them from the 06 to install o0n the 05.
Great look!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
Received Mikes Tailpipe Tips. What a quality piece of work. I may just plug the bottom and use them as Beer Steins (little expensive).
:surprise:
Now, that pic makes me curious as to what brand of tips are on mine. I currently have 5" OD tips on that do not look quite like these here. In a box of stuff I have, are the 4" OD tips that KGB had on before and replaced. Both sets are double walled and kinda seem like miniature mufflers.

Anyone know what brand they may be.:|

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
OK, I AM REALLY LIKING THE BEER STEIN IDEA!!! :grin2: :pokey:
:laugh:...:laugh:
:smile2:
OK, all the comedy aside, I can see that these (tips) do not seem to be double wide as are mine. The tips on mine, are kinda like the fog light (bezels) in that they come out and then flare back in for the interior portion. ???:|

·
SSR Pit Crew
13,164 Posts
:smile2:
OK, all the comedy aside, I can see that these (tips) do not seem to be double wide as are mine. The tips on mine, are kinda like the fog light (bezels) in that they come out and then flare back in for the interior portion. ???:|
I would guess you have 5" Borla tips, I had a set years ago, began to rust on inside.

Mike came out with his 5" ALL stainless and they have been super!

Have no place to trap dirt and they sound good too.

Dicktator

Removing OEM 3" tips and welding on Mike's 5"

Attachments

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,638 Posts
Here are the ones that came on our SSR when we bought it. They are 5 inch and the name on them is BOSAL BROSPEED. Never did like them. Replaced with Mikes tips. AWESOME!!!

Attachments

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,638 Posts
This is how it looks now with the Mikes Tips on it after the complete re-working of the exhaust system..

Attachments

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
:surprise:
Now, that pic makes me curious as to what brand of tips are on mine. I currently have 5" OD tips on that do not look quite like these here. In a box of stuff I have, are the 4" OD tips that KGB had on before and replaced. Both sets are double walled and kinda seem like miniature mufflers.

Anyone know what brand they may be.:|
They are Bosal tips they were popular before Mike started making his but they were not stainless and did tend to rust if not kept up properly. They were available from MR. Yat on this site and did have a nice rolled outer edge.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,638 Posts
They are Bosal tips they were popular before Mike started making his but they were not stainless and did tend to rust if not kept up properly. They were available from MR. Yat on this site and did have a nice rolled outer edge.

As you can see on the set I took off they had that rolled edge which I thought looked good at first but that edge was always black from the exhaust soot and rusty looking from moisture in the system dribbling out the back on the bottom. They always looked dirty and I was always cleaning them. It was a constant job it seemed. With the mikes tips you just wipe inside and out and good to go. The material and the thin edge never show any soot or moisture collection. Works for me.

Reactions: Jersey red
1 - 20 of 23 Posts