Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Spirited driver!
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a new job last month and since I don't get to spend as much time in the truck as I used to, my lovely wife got me a pretty good reminder for my office wall. It was so big they stretched it across two canvases. Total size combined is 2.5ft tall by 6ft. wide! Great picture from our first visit to Penticton.

·
Just a Canadian Fanatic!!
41,030 Posts
I got a new job last month and since I don't get to spend as much time in the truck as I used to, my lovely wife got me a pretty good reminder for my office wall. It was so big they stretched it across two canvases. Total size combined is 2.5ft tall by 6ft. wide! Great picture from our first visit to Penticton.
View attachment 572571
Hope ya have a big wall to hang it on!!! Looks good!!

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I hope you took her out for a nice dinner for such a great gift. That is really special. Now just hope you don't have to spend too much time explaining it to everyone.

·
Spirited driver!
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sharp "reminder," Lance . . . will you be able to concentrate on work?

! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: !
Thanks! I can focus on the work 'cuz that's what pays for the toys. So just in case I ask myself why I am doing this...

·
Spirited driver!
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope you took her out for a nice dinner for such a great gift. That is really special. Now just hope you don't have to spend too much time explaining it to everyone.
I did and I have already had many parking lot admirers that were saying I wondered who's truck that was...

·
Registered
901 Posts
Great picture but what's this thing called "work" hang in there buddy your time's coming, in the mean time keep putting that money into SS us old guy's out here like getting it every month.

·
Spirited driver!
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great picture but what's this thing called "work" hang in there buddy your time's coming, in the mean time keep putting that money into SS us old guy's out here like getting it every month.
I got a taste of the future when I took 17 months off between jobs. Logged over 20k on the R during that time. SSR = Super Satisfying Retirement.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Great picture and what a conversation piece....
You know if you were running out of work to do, I could have brought my truck by again.......

·
Spirited driver!
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great picture and what a conversation piece....
You know if you were running out of work to do, I could have brought my truck by again.......
Why do you think I went back to work the very next week after you came over?
😁

·
BLU SSR
2,151 Posts
What a super picture at a beautiful location, fun event with great memories!
That's got to make those long days a lot easier to bear! You got your work cut out to think up a proper Thank You gift.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,464 Posts
Sounds like an Executive position if the office is big enough to hang an SSR on the wall, even if it is only 1/3 scale.

·
BAD BOW TIE
9,504 Posts
Thanks! I can focus on the work 'cuz that's what pays for the toys. So just in case I ask myself why I am doing this...
Here is a good joke. Record a sample of your SSR idling and accelerating and play that recording when folks come in your office.

·
Spirited driver!
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here is a good joke. Record a sample of your SSR idling and accelerating and play that recording when folks come in your office.
I'm sure they think a little nuts but I have that as my ringtone.

·
Spirited driver!
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sounds like an Executive position if the office is big enough to hang an SSR on the wall, even if it is only 1/3 scale.
I don't know if I qualify as an executive but here is the view from my desk.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts