Chevy SSR Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts
Traffic Light Finder

We used these finders on rods and 30-50's cars with outside sunvisors. I also need to use one in my magnum due to the cut style roof. Ebay has them.. for some of you car nuts like I am you can get a repro of the 55-57 chev and mount it on the dash..a friend did and it does look vintage on the SSR

lol

i had the same problem when i was on my honeymoon a couple of years ago and i was in hawaii, i had to duck everytime i was next to a traffic light.

thank god over here, all the traffic lights are on the ground.

grubin said:
We used these finders on rods and 30-50's cars with outside sunvisors. I also need to use one in my magnum due to the cut style roof. Ebay has them.. for some of you car nuts like I am you can get a repro of the 55-57 chev and mount it on the dash..a friend did and it does look vintage on the SSR
Ecklers 57 chevy catalog has the lens for the chevy and it is a better item for those of us who wear glasses with bifocals!! I got two of the fresnel stickons but found it didnt work for me as it is out of the bifocal range of my glasses, went to the 57 chevy lens and that works great and looks cool.:thumbs

Beach potato said:
Ecklers 57 chevy catalog has the lens for the chevy and it is a better item for those of us who wear glasses with bifocals!! I got two of the fresnel stickons but found it didnt work for me as it is out of the bifocal range of my glasses, went to the 57 chevy lens and that works great and looks cool.:thumbs
Do you have photos of your installation you can post?

Traffic Light Viewer

I had one of these mounted on the dash of my '66 Tudor Suburban and the crowds loved it.

http://www.chevsofthe40s.com/browse.lasso?&dept=Car&cat=340C&skip=0

Price is almost 40% less than other sites.

I want to mount one in my SSR but I haven't had a chance to look under my dash to see if mounting it is possible.

Attachments

lightinsight

:yellow:

whoever came up with the lightinsight is to be commended. that is the best thing since sliced bread. what a difference it makes to see overhead traffic lights. :cool :cheers

21 - 40 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.