Chevy SSR Forum banner

Tall SSR drivers can't see the traffic light?

14K views 48 replies 32 participants last post by  BlueStreak 
#1 ·
To all tall SSR drivers from a 6ft2 Tall Texan

I have been struggling since I bought my 2004 Slingshot Yellow SSR last September to see traffic signals when I am at or near the front of the intersection - I located a nifty and cheap solution - About $14/ea including postage - It just arrived today in the mail - I tried it out and it works great!

This is not a gratituitous or blatant commercial - I am not affiliated with this product in any way - I have just been searching for an economical and practical solution to the issue of viewing a traffic signal from a low-slung vehicle without having to lean over into the passenger space... If you are interested have a look at this website:

http://www.lightinsight.com

The product is a small flexible clear plastic Fresnel lense you attach to your windshield with water (so it is easy to remove and take along so you can use it in that rental convertible!)...

I bought two because I won't ever be without one..

rhughestx

See less See more
#12 ·
Solution

Even better than that little device is.... jus wait till u hear the horns a blowin or the traffic 2 move 1st. :thumbs If no traffic...jus wait awhile!!! :lol :lol :smash :yesnod :glol

:cool

#19 ·
Long term usage and a few other observations

Folks,
I have had my "lightinsight" gadget in place for well over a year now - I won't drive anywhere without it. I bought a second as a "spare" and so far I have not needed it. The folks at the car wash haven't hurt it - Once or twice it collected a bit of dust and got dull, so I just peeled it off and washed it with in the sink like a dirty dish using a couple of drops of liquid dish soap and a some slight hand pressure much like I clean my glasses. Re-apply with a little water and wait a day for the haze to dissappear and it's back to new and clear again.

It should be useful for folks born with short parents too. It bends about 120 degrees of view into a small space - I can actually "see" the traffic light sitting nearly directly underneath it. From a position high on the windshield, it will also let you see what is below the hood deck. Just be sure not to look at it while you are driving. Things are so distorted it is quite disorienting... :) :) :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.