Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

My name is Terry Blount and I live in West Tennessee (Jackson Area). I am married {Marsha}and I am 64 years old.

I am a proud new owner of a 2005 SSR Redline with chrome wheels and running boards and it has approximately 17,000 miles. I have ordered all the components from Simple Engineering to tighten up the steering and head off all the common problems that I have read about (radiator, ignition, transmission cable, wind jammer, cover, etc.). I just had the radio upgraded with a Pioneer so I can enjoy XM radio on my way to events:grin2:

I own my own business in the Healthcare Sales area and have some flexibility that should allow me to participate in rally's and events.

I look forward to enjoying this fine unique vehicle with all of you. Please feel free to contact me at anytime!

Tbonz

Terry Blount
89 Bob Witt Rd.
Medina, TN 615.275.7735 cell

Attachments

·
BLU SSR
3,539 Posts
:00000732:Terry Glad to have you with us , you have found the best forum ever. I suspect that Bob (Tennesseecozydog) had something to do with your finding us . Enjoy your new ride and try to make a rally to meet your new family!! :blur::ssr

·
Registered
53 Posts
Howdy from Crossville, TN, I will be in Maggie Valley. I joined last August after securing a '04 with 4800 miles. I have more than doubled that mileage because it needs to be driven.

·
Premium Member
6,473 Posts
Welcome from central tenn.

Welcome to the Forum Terry. Seems like Redline red is the color for TN. You make # 10 that I'm aware of. Yourself, there is another owner from the Memphis area, Jim from Pleasant View, 04Fatboy, from Hermitage, myself and Cozy Dog from Mufreesboro, SafeCracker and BoomerBob from Crossville, TnCharlie from Walling. Rocky Top from Kingston, TnCharlie also has a Yellow, Hadthvt, from Lebanon has a PURPLE, GoDaddy from Murfreesboro has a Silver, his son Chad from McMinnville also has a Silver, 46Chevy from Crossville has a Black, TnHillbilly from Deckard has a Black and Jim and Di from Spring City has two tone Black and Pearl. 04Purplehaze from Sevierville area has a purple one. When we see we are going to have a nice weekend, I'LL get some other owners and come over your way. Talk to you later.

·
Premium Member
7,342 Posts
:00000732: again Terry & Marsha !!! Nice Bio ... I wish when everyone joined the SSRfanatic web site, they would take the time to share a few facts like you have done. :smile2: :smile2: :smile2:

Enjoyed talkin' to you the other evening and you've got to be one happy fanatic ... CAUSE your SSR is REDLINE RED, has CHROME RIMS, CARPETED CARGO AREA & RUNNIN' BOARDS !!! Just remember RED turns HEADS and there was 6,695 made before they ran out of REDLINE RED paint, then they went to Ace Hardware and bought all the Gloss Black Spray cans Ace had and painted 5,612 Smokin' Asphalt and then ... went back and bought all the Yellow Spray cans and painted 5,181 Slingshot Yellow !!! After that it was Ricochet Silver 2,933, Aqua Blur 1,492, Ultra Violet 1,300 and beautiful Pacific Blue 532 (owner's call themselves the Blue's Brother's which is very appropriate and very deserving) Just some facts that you are probably already aware of !!!

Again :00000732: and CONGRATULATIONS on being a new SSRfanatic. Keep in mind the Rally in the Valley in Maggie Valley, North Carolina, MAY 16, 17, & 18 !!! I 40 East ... put the pedal to the metal and don't get off till you get to Exit 16 (Maggie Valley) in North Carolina :smile2: :smile2: :smile2:

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Welcome too the Group, from Friendswood, Texas. Plan on attending the International Rally in Branson, Mo. in October of this year, there will be lots of Fanatics there and I believe over 200 Rs so far. October 13 through 16. Nice looking Red, guessing Smoking Asphalt wasnt available? lol

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Good AM Terry. Welcome aboard from the ‘Sooner’ state of Oklahoma. Thanks for sharing your background info. I actually picked my Red SSR UP in TN about 5 months ago. I hope you enjoy your ‘ride’ as much as I have enjoyed mine. Have a great day.

·
Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 Pac Blue 6spd
1,069 Posts
Welcome from Houston, Texas!
Nice job on your research. Keep reading and enjoy your ride.
-Robert
:silver:

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,562 Posts
Tbonz, a great big Lone Star Welcome from Houston, Texas!! :smile2:

Thanks for sharing your backround info with us and posting pics of your pretty '05 LS2. Stay tuned; the best is yet to come. :smile2:

=================
David :black:
2019-01-12-17-58-26--2040089752.jpeg - And remember, don't be a stranger, Podnah!!

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt
47,327 Posts
Welcome From Western Pa!!!!!!:00000732:

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,397 Posts
A Big Hearty welcome from Sunny Sturgis South Dakota. Looks like you found a beauty there. Enjoy the GRIN!!!

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,633 Posts
Welcome from Forney Texas---Glad to see your "LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP" badge. Maybe you can complete your Profile with your location, your "R" and whatever else. Then whenever you post something it will show in the left column under your name.

Nick

·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts
Welcome to the family Terry and congrats on the :ssr purchase.
Great introduction, look forward to meeting you down the road soon.

Alex and Tina

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Welcome TBonz from Alabama. The pictures look like the Redline that was a 2 owner from Tallahassee, FL. I almost bought it if that is the one but decide on a Blue one. It is a great buy. Enjoy and put some miles on it. I also have become a friend to Mike in AZ. He has made several shipments to Dothan, AL and slowing getting the upgrades done. This SSRFANTIC site is awesome as I have used Dictator's instructions a few times already and listen to others on purchasing new tires (went with the Continentals and I am pleased). Good luck.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma, sounds like you found a great low mileage one. And you're on the right track to making it even better. Hopefully we will see you in Branson next fall for the big family get together.

·
Slingshot Rules!
75,479 Posts
WELCOME, Terry . . . from Southern Arizona!

Sounds like you have adopted a real keeper.

! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers !​

·
Premium Member
7,342 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Terry. Seems like Redline red is the color for TN. You make # 10 that I'm aware of. Yourself, there is another owner from the Memphis area, Jim from Pleasant View, 04Fatboy, from Hermitage, myself and Cozy Dog from Mufreesboro, SafeCracker and BoomerBob from Crossville, TnCharlie from Walling. Rocky Top from Kingston, TnCharlie also has a Yellow, Hadthvt, from Lebanon has a PURPLE, GoDaddy from Murfreesboro has a Silver, his son Chad from McMinnville also has a Silver, 46Chevy from Crossville has a Black, TnHillbilly from Deckard has a Black and Jim and Di from Spring City has two tone Black and Pearl. 04Purplehaze from Sevierville area has a purple one. When we see we are going to have a nice weekend, I'LL get some other owners and come over your way. Talk to you later.
Robert, there is Pikeville904 from Pikeville, Tennessee, then there's a guy in Nashville that has a beautiful Redline Red & Charcoal Gray with a Red & Gray trailer (Eddie Fowler) and Wicked Stick in Franklin (Paul & Wanda Thompson). That would make about 20 here in Tennessee. Bob :ssr

1 - 20 of 50 Posts