Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
April 10th, 9am. Our special guest will be Mike Moro (Simple Engineering) Need Parts? Simple-engineering.com. Don’t know what you need? Let us help.. [email protected]. The 2 day plan: Friday 9th - Is for traveling and a Gab-n-Grub for dinner 6:30 @ Tia Juanita's next to Hampton Inn - Winnie, Texas. Saturday 10th - Tech-Day 9:00 am - until done. Lunch provided will be Boiled Crawfish and BBQ. Location is 1657 FM 1406 Winnie, Tx, - contact phone number is 281-235-7968. Host Hotel for travelers - Hampton Inn - Winnie, Tx 409-296-3525, location address 318 Spur 5 Winnie, Tx 77665. Please let us know if you plan on attending and your meal preference crawfish or BBQ as your main coarse. Also please inform us of what you plan to have done to your SSR.

Guidelines for Participants due to COVID-19 Pandemic:
1. Hopefully all will have had vaccination by April 10th
2. Facemask
3. Outdoor visiting and activities
4. Home entry restricted
5. Restrooms - Pool House and Shop
6. Leave pollical views at home

·
Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 Pac Blue 6spd
1,111 Posts
AttendeesFood ChoiceWork planned on R
True Blue - Lester & LizCrawfish / BBQNone - will be busy cooking
Railroad Guy - Jeff & PattiCrawfish
TXNSSR & Parnelli - Robert & KimBBQNone - will be helping others
Mike in AZ - Mike & DebbieHelping others. Technical and moral support
kart3d - Denny & KayCrawfishABS Heat shield
Curbsssr - Larry & SusieCrawfish / BBQNone - will be helping others
TexasBaehr - GregBBQCruise Control diag & help others
Dinerman - Frank & MargretCrawfish
Stlhotrod - Bruce & wifeCrawfish / BBQProgram Fobs
jackatg450 - JackBBQNone - Showing off is pretty Jet Black R with TruFire Flames
kbehrens - ?CrawfishStill planning
daverobertson - Dave & wifeBBQNone - will be helping others
RAL 04 #5907 - Rich & MerilleeBBQ/CrawfishRoof, parts ordered
Skip2004 - Skip & JosefaCrawfish??

Please let us know if you are planning getting any work done on your R.
05AA2DE7-265E-4CF4-B30E-2120D59B2722.jpeg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We would like to put the heat shield on the ABS Thanks
You are still welcome to come. We will take your temperature and you will need to wear facemask to protect yourself. I am impressed that you are willing to drive 610 miles for a 15 minute job of heat shield installation, are is the crawfish you are coming for.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
You are still welcome to come. We will take your temperature and you will need to wear facemask to protect yourself. I am impressed that you are willing to drive 610 miles for a 15 minute job of heat shield installation, are is the crawfish you are coming for.
We love the fellowship that our we established since we first met the Texas group in Oct of 2006 We bought our ssr in Jan 2007 in Lewisville,Tx We have just retired last year and was looking forward to spending time with our friends We drove from Dodge City,Ks to Dallas many times to be with the group which was 460 miles The group always want to eat somewhere.

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
2,053 Posts
I'll be there. Had first Vac, should get 2nd this month. BBQ for me. Will plan on dinner Friday too.
Will need help installing my LS7 and 10spd auto....
Just kidding! ..... if someone can bring a Tech2, I need to diagnose why my Cruise Control will not turn on. I have checked all the easy stuff that I can check and no joy. There are pages of diagnostics in the manual for the Cruise control using the scanner. Other than that I'll be a worker.

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,475 Posts
I'll be there. Had first Vac, should get 2nd this month. BBQ for me. Will plan on dinner Friday too.
Just kidding! ..... if someone can bring a Tech2, I need to diagnose why my Cruise Control will not turn on. I have checked all the easy stuff that I can check and no joy. There are pages of diagnostics in the manual for the Cruise control using the scanner. Other than that I'll be a worker.
Not sure if they are the same and may not, but on our HHR if any of the bulbs in the third brake light are out it will not let the cruise work. I could not believe it when I read it but checked and sure enough 2 bulbs out. Replaced them and all was good.

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
2,053 Posts
Not sure if they are the same and may not, but on our HHR if any of the bulbs in the third brake light are out it will not let the cruise work. I could not believe it when I read it but checked and sure enough 2 bulbs out. Replaced them and all was good.
3RD light on SSR is an LED and it all lights up, bulbs good, brake switch good, fuses good. Checked all the easy stuff. Lets not diagnose on here , don't want to hijack this thread.

·
Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 Pac Blue 6spd
1,111 Posts
I’ll stand back and watch the LS7 and auto install. I’m interested because the LS7 is where I started thinking...

I’ll have my Tech 2. We’ll have to muddle through it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts