Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,319 Posts
so you are not coming in on IH 10?????
Yes, we are using IH 10.......

We are leaving Phoenix on Wednesday, taking I-10.
Wednesday night in beautiful Van Horne, TX.
Thursday is more of lovely I-10 to Houston, passing thru San Antonio.
Thursday night in Pearland.
Friday afternoon is back on I-10 to Winnie.

We're traveling to Texas with the Tahoe again. It's the parts delivery vehicle... LOL

Mike

·
Premium Member
76,788 Posts
about a rest stop just out side of SA???????? ......just asking.......we live just 2 miles off of IH 10......quick off ...quick on......

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Are we still meeting up at Krogers on the 9th? We're headed to Burleson on Tuesday the 6th so Renetta can spend a few days with her kids.

·
Registered
58 Posts
AttendeesFood ChoiceWork planned on R
True Blue - Lester & LizCrawfish / BBQNone - will be busy cooking
Railroad Guy - Jeff & PattiCrawfish x2
TXNSSR & Parnelli - Robert & KimBBQ x2Getting training on LEDs and steppers (at some point) - will be helping others.
Mike in AZ - Mike & DebbieHelping others. Technical and moral support
kart3d - Denny & KayCrawfish x2ABS Heat shield
Curbsssr - Larry & SusieCrawfish / BBQNone - will be helping others
TexasBaehr - GregBBQCruise Control diag & help others
Dinerman - Frank & MargretCrawfish x2
Stlhotrod - Bruce & wifeCrawfish / BBQProgram Fobs
jackatg450 - JackBBQNone - Showing off is pretty Jet Black R with TruFire Flames
kbehrens - ?CrawfishStill planning
daverobertson - Dave & wifeBBQ x2None - will be helping others
RAL 04 #5907 - Rich & MerilleeBBQ/CrawfishRoof, parts ordered
Skip2004 - Skip & JosefaCrawfish x2??
Yellowtoy - Phil & GloriaBBQ x2Radiator & heater hoses and surge tank
Blueroadster06 - Carl & Mrs BlueBBQ x2?
Dale Wheat - Dale & PatBBQ x2Window adjustments
TLM - TerryBBQ x2None - will be helping others
pockneck - JeffBBQ x2Cargo struts
HOT-SSR - Larry & SueBBQ x2
Reaper - Richard & JudithBBQ x2Roof work
B Fast - Mike & BelindaBBQ x2Cooking & helping out
Speedo - Richard & ChesLynCrawfish / BBQNone
Texas Red - Bill & JulieBBQ x2Spare tire kit, fan, window adjustments

Totals: ~24 Rs
Peeps: ~42

Please let us know if you are planning getting any work done on your R.
View attachment 590640
I will attend, if it arrives in time, install auxiliary fan. One for BBQ, attending 1 day Saturday.

Kay/aka Roseanne

·
Registered
58 Posts
Could I also get a check on hoses and belts? Should not be replaced but want to make sure car will be ok for that distance.

·
Premium Member
2005 aqua blur
122 Posts
Lora and I would like to come and get fat mat put in the doors and perhaps get a pattern to do the floors later. 2 for BBQ.

Van

·
SSR Believer
1,899 Posts
Lora and I would like to come and get fat mat put in the doors and perhaps get a pattern to do the floors later. 2 for BBQ.

Van
Van, per @TXNSSR, this is what the cool kids are using. 25ft. will cover the entire inside of both door skins with some left over.

A heat gun will help to mold and roller it into place.

You'll notice a nice improvement in cabin noise and stereo sound. (y)

You may be able to remove and re-stick the vapor barrier, but if not, 6 to 10 mil plastic, about 20 ft. of butyl sealant tape, a sharp box cutter and the heat gun will take care of it.

It's also a good time to spread a little bit of NAPA Sil-Glyde on the window tracks. As Robert and others say, less is more. Our passenger side window had a slight groan going up and that cured it.

It may also be a good time to add/replace any mole skin (soft side of Velcro) on the interior side of the door card if you have tinted windows too. Look for Dicktator's "Mole Skin Tint for Windows" here or here.

SSR FatMat Rattletrap 1.jpeg SSR FatMat Rattletrap 2.jpeg

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
2,094 Posts
Van, per @TXNSSR, this is what the cool kids are using. 25ft. will cover the entire inside of both door skins with some left over.

A heat gun will help to mold and roller it into place.

You'll notice a nice improvement in cabin noise and stereo sound. (y)

You may be able to remove and re-stick the vapor barrier, but if not, 6 to 10 mil plastic, about 20 ft. of butyl sealant tape, a sharp box cutter and the heat gun will take care of it.

It's also a good time to spread a little bit of NAPA Sil-Glyde on the window tracks. As Robert and others say, less is more. Our passenger side window had a slight groan going up and that cured it.

It may also be a good time to add/replace any mole skin (soft side of Velcro) on the interior side of the door card if you have tinted windows too. Look for Dicktator's "Mole Skin Tint for Windows" here or here.

View attachment 592344 View attachment 592345
And lubricate the door latch assembly, rods and levers with spray silicone while in there. It may save another trip into the doors in the future.

Reactions: Dr.V

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
This will be my first time attending Tech-Day. Have ordered , not received yet from Mike a Front Frame Stiffening Plate, to install. Also having trouble with hatch cover that hides the top, sticks. Think it might be out of adjustment( need help).
Question: Di I need to bring my own tools? How all this works?
Sorry for all the questions!
BBQ for 1
Dennis

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
This will be my first time attending Tech-Day. Have ordered , not received yet from Mike a Front Frame Stiffening Plate, to install. Also having trouble with hatch cover that hides the top, sticks. Think it might be out of adjustment( need help).
BBQ for 1
Dennis
Also have received both shots!

·
Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 Pac Blue 6spd
1,146 Posts
BBQ for 1
Dennis
Looking forward to meeting you.

There are tools in the shop, and several of us bring our tools, but It is always helpful to bring your tools as there are always more Rs than tools present. On many occasion I’ve reached for the tool I was just using only to find it has found its way to another R.

Mike is a one man business and is very busy. Often times when he knows the item will be installed at a tech day he’ll bring it with him. You might try and reach out to him. That said, several of us (cough... me) are testing the load leveling suspension and capacity on his Tahoe.

Also have received both shots!
Congrats.

·
Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 Pac Blue 6spd
1,146 Posts
I might needs some help to install........belly gets in the way,,,,,,,
I‘ll help you out, or oversee the job. My suggestion is based on you’ll be draining the fluid to change the lower hose. Once the lower hose is removed, at that point you are staring at the thermostat, and the heater hoses are right there too. Then you’ll want to refill with new 50/50 fluid, and you don’t want to do it twice.

·
Premium Member
76,788 Posts
I‘ll help you out, or oversee the job. My suggestion is based on you’ll be draining the fluid to change the lower hose. Once the lower hose is removed, at that point you are staring at the thermostat, and the heater hoses are right there too. Then you’ll want to refill with new 50/50 fluid, and you don’t want to do it twice.
I called Mike and he is bringing me the rad hoses,,,,,but I did not tell him about the heater hoses,,,maybe he will bring some extras........I am bringing the wife to crawl under the vehicle.....

·
SSR Believer
1,899 Posts
I called Mike and he is bringing me the rad hoses,,,,,but I did not tell him about the heater hoses,,,maybe he will bring some extras........I am bringing the wife to crawl under the vehicle.....
FWIW, installed all of Mike’s radiator and heater replacement hoses plus thermostat recently and never had to crawl underneath. If you opt for a full coolant flush even the radiator drain valve can be accessed from the top. The valve is a little easier to reach from underneath, but even then there’s no need to crawl under it. All you’ll need is a drain pan and a good pair of hose clamp pliers. 👍

Mike has a big load already. If you need the heater hoses or anything else, I’d be sure to order.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts