Chevy SSR Forum banner

Tech-Day - Houston Area 4th Annual - Brian Coffey Memorial Tech Day

10K views 75 replies 26 participants last post by  .40329 
#1 · (Edited)
April 10th, 9am. Our special guest will be Mike Moro (Simple Engineering) Need Parts? Simple-engineering.com. Don’t know what you need? Let us help.. texas.ssr.fanctic@gmail.com. The 2 day plan: Friday 9th - Is for traveling and a Gab-n-Grub for dinner 6:30 @ Tia Juanita's next to Hampton Inn - Winnie, Texas. Saturday 10th - Tech-Day 9:00 am - until done. Lunch provided will be Boiled Crawfish and BBQ. Location is 1657 FM 1406 Winnie, Tx, - contact phone number is 281-235-7968. Host Hotel for travelers - Hampton Inn - Winnie, Tx 409-296-3525, location address 318 Spur 5 Winnie, Tx 77665. Please let us know if you plan on attending and your meal preference crawfish or BBQ as your main coarse. Also please inform us of what you plan to have done to your SSR.

Guidelines for Participants due to COVID-19 Pandemic:
1. Hopefully all will have had vaccination by April 10th
2. Facemask
3. Outdoor visiting and activities
4. Home entry restricted
5. Restrooms - Pool House and Shop
6. Leave pollical views at home

#49 · (Edited)
Van, per @TXNSSR, this is what the cool kids are using. 25ft. will cover the entire inside of both door skins with some left over.

A heat gun will help to mold and roller it into place.

You'll notice a nice improvement in cabin noise and stereo sound. (y)

You may be able to remove and re-stick the vapor barrier, but if not, 6 to 10 mil plastic, about 20 ft. of butyl sealant tape, a sharp box cutter and the heat gun will take care of it.

It's also a good time to spread a little bit of NAPA Sil-Glyde on the window tracks. As Robert and others say, less is more. Our passenger side window had a slight groan going up and that cured it.

It may also be a good time to add/replace any mole skin (soft side of Velcro) on the interior side of the door card if you have tinted windows too. Look for Dicktator's "Mole Skin Tint for Windows" here or here.

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive parking light Vehicle
Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior Bumper Gas

#54 ·
This will be my first time attending Tech-Day. Have ordered , not received yet from Mike a Front Frame Stiffening Plate, to install. Also having trouble with hatch cover that hides the top, sticks. Think it might be out of adjustment( need help).
Question: Di I need to bring my own tools? How all this works?
Sorry for all the questions!
BBQ for 1
Dennis

#55 ·
This will be my first time attending Tech-Day. Have ordered , not received yet from Mike a Front Frame Stiffening Plate, to install. Also having trouble with hatch cover that hides the top, sticks. Think it might be out of adjustment( need help).
Question: Di I need to bring my own tools? How all this works?
Sorry for all the questions!
BBQ for 1
Dennis
Also have received both shots!

#65 · (Edited)
I'm not going to make the trip on down to Winnie on Friday. I'll see you guys on the S. Dakota trip.

Well,I may not make the trip on down to Winnie. My allergies are kicking my old butt. We're in Burleson now. Woke up feeling like crap. Stuffed up head and sneezing. Going to the Doc for a allergyshot. I let you know for sure tomorrow. I know the pollen is worse down there.

#66 ·
Bummer @Daverobertson we’ll miss seeing you.

For anyone that is coming, please have a look at the attendance list. We’d like to make sure we have a good headcount for food and idea of what work is going to be done.

And if you don’t see yourself on the list, please let us know!

We look forward to seeing everyone and having a great time!

#71 ·
The Texans "Sure know how to pass a good time!" Got home at 11 today. I really enjoyed being at the Tech Day in Winnie. Good food and good company plus a bunch of SSRs got some TLC. There so many Fanatacs working on trucks you had to get in line just to hand someone a wrench., I was able to help on 4 trucks with windows needing to be adjusted forward and got my battery replaced. Had to jump start truck Beaumont, fortunately a Walmart was near so getting new one was no problem. The Texans jumped to the rescue. Sure was nice not getting under the truck but simply acting as a helper. Nice.
I really appreciate how nice everyone was, and how I was included.

Thank you,
Jack

#75 ·
Late Saturday I met a gentleman and his wife ,,,his name was Mike ...He had a problem with his ABS light coming on.....I have some info on where to get it repaired.....I don't think he has a handle on the forum .....he is from Brenhan ......has a Red one...... and just bought it a few weeks ago.....PLease contact me ...I will give the info to get it repaired,,,,,,,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.