Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Spirited driver!
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
TECH/HANDS-ON SESSIONS with DICKTATOR in San Jose

The world-famous @Dicktator will be holding a Tech Seminar on Saturday, August 25th at noon. Pizza lunch will be provided by @Hollister SSR. The following day (Sunday, August 26th) Dicktator will be holding a Hands-on tech session for repairs, upgrades, etc. at @jhunsfun home in San Jose. Since the location of the seminar is a private office, please contact me (@pokerguy) for the address if you would like to attend either or both sessions. My email is [email protected]

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,951 Posts
World Famous??? Really???

For hands on, like radiator support, Fan, bed struts, Pneumatic Roof Struts, etc.

Order from Mike Moro aka Mike in AZ aka https://shop.simple-engineering.com/category.sc?categoryId=17

Shipped right to your house, bring it on Tech Day.

Bring your TOOLS, wear work clothes, YOU will be doing the work and we will instruct, kinda like your wife does.

Here is SSR How to Library, pick what you would like to discuss in CLASS, test afterward, (not).

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5!853&cid=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5

Please post what you would like to talk about.

Dicktator

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,951 Posts
Can California match this??

Click on Link, then YouTube bottom right

Texas Tech Seminar and Hands On.

National in Strubridge, Mass.

1. Class
2. Instructors
3. Mingling
4. John aka Quicksilver with "Orange Dot Out" award, put shift cable on backward.
5. Mike Moro, aka Mike in AZ, web site: https://shop.simple-engineering.com/category.sc?categoryId=11 Keeps fleet running!

Dicktator

Attachments

·
Spirited driver!
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know if we can match that event but your presence in Northern California is an special occasion for all of us for sure. Members of the NorCal group still talk about your visit from about 4 years ago here.

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,951 Posts
Thanks! I knew that, (not). Milpitas how could I forget.

I guess only PokerGuy and I are going. this year.

Dicktator

Picture #3 is Dean Stiles aka Stiles Sports Roadster, now living in Weeki Wachee, Florida.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
I guess only PokerGuy and I are going. this year.
Dick, Lance (Pokerguy) has a couple of Facebook threads running on this also with several folks, who aren’t on the Fanatic site, wanting to attend. Maybe Lance can update this thread.

·
Spirited driver!
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was ParkTown Pizza in Milpitas. That's where you were getting the name from. We already have at least 8 coming. I'm sure there will be more confirming as we get closer.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Well, I got nuttin to do so I think I'll mosey on up to them thar northerners in that faraway area known as central Ca. I may come up for the 2 days

·
Spirited driver!
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lance.....Put me in for both days.
I want to learn from the master.

Frank...
Will do Frank.

Well, I got nuttin to do so I think I'll mosey on up to them thar northerners in that faraway area known as central Ca. I may come up for the 2 days
It would be great to have you up for this. I will send info as soon as I have the addresses.

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Issue with top...

I'd like to show up with my '03... I've got some sort of Hydraulic fluid leak when I operate the top - pretty sure it may be a 'flapper top' hose - but really could use HELP with the repair. (I'll do what I can, but lack experience and confidence to tackle on my own...)

I've been AWOL from this site for a long time - but was very active early on...

I haven't a clue what tools I may need... I did read about a hose repair sleeve that is available for purchase - will/should I get one to bring to this gathering?

Thanks in advance for the assistance....

Keith kwhopper89 Cox

Attachments

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,557 Posts
I'd like to show up with my '03... I've got some sort of Hydraulic fluid leak when I operate the top - pretty sure it may be a 'flapper top' hose - but really could use HELP with the repair. (I'll do what I can, but lack experience and confidence to tackle on my own...)

I haven't a clue what tools I may need... I did read about a hose repair sleeve that is available for purchase - will/should I get one to bring to this gathering?

Keith kwhopper89 Cox
Welcome Back Keith. Take a look at Dicktator's One Drive and find the part on top cylinder repair for an idea of what you are in for. It might be useful information ahead of time.

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,951 Posts

Keith kwhopper89 Cox
I would be glad to look at your roof at HANDS ON Tech Day, find leak and show you how to remove.

As Dwight said, do some reading: SSR How to Library:

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5!853&cid=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5

Dicktator

·
Spirited driver!
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
So far we have about 10 people for each session. Let me know if you want to go and have not heard from me yet. Also let us know if there are specific things you would like to discuss or have done during the hands-on session.

Items to discuss:
Shift Cable Kit
General Maintenance issues
Cooling issues
Roof issues
Ignition switch replacement
Fuse Box wire break issue

Items to do:
Diagnose/repair hydraulic leak issue
Ignition switch replacement
Front Frame Stiffener install
4-bolt crossmember install