Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought one of these kits and wanted to pass it along. I know others have been searching for a good stainless brakeline kit.
I found this on e-bay. Item number 8037285312. G-stop High Performance DOT Brakeline Kit by Goodrich. $149.95. Their phone number is 714-265-7988.
Goodrich is making ten sets for them on a custom build request and they are going to be available sometime in the first two weeks of March..

Attachments

·
Las Vegas Mob
1,371 Posts
Warning!! Warning!! Will Robinson . . . .

In the photo the tag says "Goodridge" not "Goodrich. Smells like a Taiwan imitation from here. Taillamp bulbs - OK. Brake lines - NO THANKS!

Blast

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, you are correct. It is Goodridge. I have seen and used this brand before on my Cobra for road racing. I was impressed with their components and quality. There really isn't alot to these brakeline kits. As long as they use good quality teflon lined stainless steel braided hose with good fittings you are set. These are DOT inspected and approved. I liked the feel that they gave to my Cobra brakes: consistent and firm pedal feel under hard use and they don't go soft on you after several hard stops.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Have them on my Busa and Z06 very well made. They are very good brake lines.
Look it up on the web or go to tire rack and check it out. FYI:thumbs

·
Registered
192 Posts
I've been using Goodridge lines on my Z06 for years with no problems. At a race this weekend I went over debris from wrecks in front of me twice and was pretty happy I had SS lines on the car as things clonked along under the car...

It should also be mentioned that on the Vette forums it is common to see ABS faults when switching to SS brake lines from manufacturers other than Goodridge. Commonly held theory is that static electricity passes down the lines and messes with the ABS sensor. The sheath on the Goodridge lines supposedly prevents this problem.

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
Subdriver said:
I've been using Goodridge lines on my Z06 for years with no problems. At a race this weekend I went over debris from wrecks in front of me twice and was pretty happy I had SS lines on the car as things clonked along under the car...

It should also be mentioned that on the Vette forums it is common to see ABS faults when switching to SS brake lines from manufacturers other than Goodridge. Commonly held theory is that static electricity passes down the lines and messes with the ABS sensor. The sheath on the Goodridge lines supposedly prevents this problem.

No issues with the Russell lines. Too bad they are chosing not to produce them..:mad

·
Registered
421 Posts
I ordered a set.

But then the seller cancelled my order and refunded my money.

Did this happen to anyone else?

Matt

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Matt,
They did the same to me. After two days they said that the lines would be out in March and that they were giving me a $20.00 discount for the trouble. Give them a call nad I am sure that they will do the same for you.

·
OP
8,226 Posts
Soon?

Spoke with an FRsport rep. today concerning the Goodridge brake line kit. He stated they were still in prototype stages and that he would post on this thread when they are ready after I told him how many members we had.
He stated they would be DOT approved once they were out of the prototype stages.
I guess just keep checking back on this thread.:smash

1 - 10 of 10 Posts