Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, truck is running fine and I do not have a cooling issue.

However, the temp gauge is acting up. A while back I was cruising down the road and noticed my temp was around the 235 mark. I thought that was odd as it was a cool day and I was not in stop and go traffic. Well, when I shut the truck off all the gauges returned to "0" except the temp gauge. It "bottomed out" at the 160 mark. I restarted the truck and the gauges did their sweeping motion, including the temp gauge. This time the temp gauge was a little under the 235 mark. Again, I shut off and restarted the truck. In fact I did it several times. Each time the temp gauge would drop about 10 degrees both in running condition and in off position. Finally after cycling about 5 times, the temp gauge was where I would expect it to be and it bottomed out correctly when the truck was off.

This situation has happened again so it's got me wondering what could be wrong? The gauge needle isn't stuck and swings freely during start up. And most of the time it shows right around 210 while driving, which is where I would expect it to be.

Any thoughts from you pros???

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Time to replace all of the stepper motors in the dash. Has been discussed here many times & some members will do it for you with the better [S.M'S]. All you have to do is get you gauge pod out and send it to them. WAY-----above my pay grade.

Birdmans

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah yes... the old stepper motor issue. That could very likely be the culprit. I hate to think about pulling the dash apart. Ugh.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts