Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you live in Tennessee (or Portland, Oregon or Cottage Grove, Wisconsin or even Quincy, Illinois) and own a SSR or are interested in becoming an SSR owner we are organizing a TENNESSEE SSR STATE RALLY late this Fall, here in Murfreesboro (Geographical Center of Tennessee). September 14, 15 & 16, 2018.

FINAL PREPARATIONS HAVE BEEN MADE ... SEE PERMALINK #16 !!!!! Thank You !!!!!

Elvis, YES Elvis, is gonna sing "True Love Travels on a Gravel Road" for all us "old" married couples !!!

Hey it's just a thought SWT RYD, Go daddy and myself are and was "kicking around" If you are interested just let us know. If you live close by you are welcome to join us each day. No Registration Fee, "T" Shirts ??? IT IS OFFICIAL ... THE COUNTDOWN HAS BEGUN !!!
tennesseecozydog
SWT RYD (photographer)
Go daddy (plus a chance to see Wayne & Myrna's award winning Yellow 56 Chevy Pick Up)
HAD2HAVT
90FATBOY
LadyDi
Pikeville904
Charlie Williams & Sandy
Jim Hutchins & Shirin (Saturday)
oldfred
Butch06
Boomer Bob
SILVERBULLET
SSR Les&Bev Yellow
Illinois Guest Yellow
Illinois Guest Red
EricB
safecracker
46Chevy
cincyssr
SSRelay
Danno
Brickyard 400

Please Let me Hear from You, Thank You !!!

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Sounds like a good time, but for us it will depend on the timing, Elizabeth still teaches, and her schedule will dictate whether it would be do-able for us.

Still would like to do the meet.

Reactions: tennesseecozydog

·
Premium Member
7,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like a good time, but for us it will depend on the timing, Elizabeth still teaches, and her schedule will dictate whether it would be do-able for us.

Still would like to do the meet.
Just think about this Pikeville ... You are welcome to come after school on Friday plus you all are on EDT, so you gain a hour coming to Murfreesboro or drive over early Saturday morning. Thank you for your interest. tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Ms Donna's Driver
04’ Silver and 05’ Sinister
5,320 Posts
I don’t live in Tennessee but it sounds like fun

·
Premium Member
2005 Redline SSR 6 speed, 2013 Porsche Cayenne S 4.8 Liter, 1990 Harley Davidson FatBoy FLSTF
202 Posts
Great idea for The Volenteer State SSR Folks to gather and I like the idea of meeting or cruising to the mentioned towns. Lynnville is an especially good choice for those that do not know about Colonel Lillteton's Tennessee handcrafted leather goods you will be impressed, plus the charm of this small community is great.

·
Premium Member
7,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don’t live in Tennessee but it sounds like fun
"Mic" it will be ... just a fun laid back weekend here in Middle Tennessee. No Runs, no errors, no fees !!! One thing I left out was a visit to Todd's Complete Auto Care if we have time. Just Meet & Greet, Spin & Grin and Snooze & Cruise.
Noon Friday to Noon Sunday. t-dog

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,771 Posts
Cincinnati is only hours away....was originally born in Nashville so I've got family I could crash with...(unless Ohioans aren't welcome)

·
Georgia SSRers
1,011 Posts
It will begin at noon on Friday.
Please Let me Hear from You, Thank You !!!
could an "original" Tenessee'er from Georgia come ?( I was born in COPPERHILL)
BOBBER, I'm in for :
Maggie valley MAY,
Helen (or Hiawassee) JULY,
Las Vegas SEPT,
Warner Robins OCT,
some one just announced a meet at Branson in 2019.
Would like to meet you 10 A C folks...:grin2:

·
Premium Member
7,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cincinnati is only hours away....was originally born in Nashville so I've got family I could crash with...(unless Ohioans aren't welcome)
We're having an Board Meeting at 3 o'clock to vote on it :laugh::laugh::laugh: of course you are WELCOME Firetruck :smile2: :smile2: :smile2:

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
Betty and Steve will be there. We enjoyed the last one in Springfield, look forward to this one. Put sbubbaklein down for sure.

Reactions: tennesseecozydog

·
Premium Member
7,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
We have settled on the Date or dates AND ACTIVITIES for our TENNESSEE STATE RALLY.

September 14, 15 & 16, TWENTY EIGHTEEN (2018).

Holiday Inn Express. $119.00 per night for TENNESSEE SSR STATE RALLY (Please tell Front Desk
you are here for the Tennessee SSR State Rally 615 849 9000

FRIDAY (September 14th) Green Flag Waves ... Anytime after 12 Noon on Friday September 14th, you can check in and mingle in the Lobby or mingle around the beautiful SSR's. For Dinner Friday evening, I think we'll just do the Cracker Barrel, literally just across the street .. open until 11 pm

SATURDAY (September 15th) Breakfast ( 7 to 9 am in the Hotel Lobby) 9 a.m. Cruise down to Historic Lynchburg, Tennessee, and visit the Courthouse Square and shops. Some may want to visit the "still" which is an experience. Been there and done that about 70 or 80 times as I used to be their coffee supply "man" for 5 years. I think we had 35 machines and I serviced them every 3 weeks for 5 years ... used to spend all day cleaning and supplying. Also got a free bottle every holiday. After Lynchburg, we'll head back "home" thru the backroads where will have a late lunch or early supper (what ever you want to call it) at the soon to be famous 5 Star Bell Buckle Cafe. We have reservations for 40+ SSRfanatics at $17.00 per person that includes meat & 3, drink and dessert and TIP !!! (their grilled Pork Chops are delicious). Bell Buckle also has some nice shops you ladies may want to visit. After dinner will will cruise back to Murfreesboro via the backroads and make a short visit to the Murfreesboro Hot Rod Club's Cruise in at Central Magnet School. Wayne and Myrna Simon (Go daddy) live just across the street from CMS so we will visit their cottage home in the Historical District and ... get to see their 1956 award winning Yellow Chevy Pick Up with all the bells and whistles.

From there the EXCITEMENT will begin ... back to the Holiday Inn Express WHERE WE WILL BE ENTERTAINED BY (drum roll please) NONE OTHER THAN ... ELVIS !!! Rick Applegate from Nashville an Elvis presenter will entertain us from 7:30 to 8:30 pm !!! ELVIS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING !!! (gotta' get this cleared with Holiday Inn as we need a special room. UPDATE 5/24/2018 ... Holiday Inn Express says OK !!!) TICKET'S $5.00 per person, Yes that's right ONLY 5 Bucks per person or 2 FOR $10 !!! to see ELVIS sing for ONE HOUR So bring your friends and neighbors !!!

SUNDAY morning ... Breakfast in the Holiday Inn Express Lobby anytime after 7:00 am to 9:00 am. 9 a.m. to 9:20 AM, Devotional with Bud Mitchell (Bud's Tire Pro's) speaking and new SSR owner Les Edwards singing a Gospel tune or 2. Then everybody Hug and say Good By and have a safe trip back home

PLEASE ... All plans are tentative but close to final and almost set in stone, right now, so hang loose !!! ReservationS 615 849 9000 TENNESSEE SSR RALLY !!!
tennesseecozydog :ssr SWT RYD :ssr Go daddy :silver:

·
Georgia SSRers
1,011 Posts
We have settled on the Date or dates for our TENNESSEE STATE RALLY.

September 14, 15 & 16, TWENTY EIGHTEEN (2018).

Holiday Inn Express (More info later about room rate)

Green Flag Waves ... Anytime after 12 Noon on Friday September 14th

SATURDAY (September 15th) Breakfast (Around 8 a.m. in the Lobby) 9 a.m. Cruise down to Lynnville (to the Soda Pop Junction) Lunch ??? then cruise over to Historic Lynchburg , Tennessee then back "home" through Bell Buckle and dinner.

SUNDAY morning ... Breakfast in the Holiday Inn Express Lobby 8 to 9:30 ... 10:00 to 1015 a.m. Devotional with Bud Mitchell speaking.

PLEASE ... All plans are tentative right now, so hang loose !!!

tennesseecozydog :ssr SWT RYD :ssr Go daddy :silver:
BOBBER:
I would suppose there is more than ONE Holiday Inn Express in the glorious state of 10 A C.....
HOWsomeEVER...I CAN'T GUESS WHICH CITY IN 10 A C this is going to be.

·
Premium Member
7,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BOBBER:
I would suppose there is more than ONE Holiday Inn Express in the glorious state of 10 A C.....
HOWsomeEVER...I CAN'T GUESS WHICH CITY IN 10 A C this is going to be.
Murfreesboro, Tennessee. Thanks for reminding me oldfred. My fault. t-dog

·
Premium Member
7,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Breaking News about TENNESSEE STATE RALLY. #1 The Murfreesboro Hot Rod Club's Cruise In is on Saturday night this year and #2 The Friday Lunch for Gladeville is a No Go. They like to close early on Friday and they may not have enough food for 20 to 30 extra people. near closing time (2 o'clock) With that in mind we'll probably cruise down to Christiana, Tennessee to Miller's Grocery for a late lunch. Everybody may not get into town (Murfreesboro) by 1 o'clock

See ya' September 14th, 15th & 16th Twenty Eighteen. cozydog 615 605 4763 :ssr

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
tennesseecozydog, SWT RYD & Go daddy,

Sounds great. Not too far from home base and I have business interest in NSH. Count me in.

Still in search for my ride. Keeping options open - considering the dark side... now in addition to Redline - maybe an Aqua Blur...

Boomer Bob

1 - 20 of 68 Posts