Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a call from my Lansing Plant contact. This couple has use of a SSR tonight and are driving to Grand Rapids (1 hour drive) just to let me test drive!!! Such a tease. These wonderful people let me tour the plant this past summer, purchase SSR goodies, and gave me a ride, now its my turn to DRIVE!! I will take photos. Gentleman told me they are shipping at least a truckload a day now!!! Mine is to be built as I speak and to be delivered within 10 days!!

Realprowlerfan

97 + 00 Prowler
02 Tbird
03 lexus SC430
04 VW Touareg
and a few others

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unbelievable!!! I just drove # 163, built in August. The plant workers are allowed an "overnight" with an SSR and she drove to me to show. Sounds Excellent. This "Captured Vehicle Fleet" is again one that will be crushed completely along with the 50-75 I saw in plant in July. ALL CRUSHED IN FULL. Tires have to have holes put in them, seats slashed. DELAY WAS DUE TO POOR SEAL WHERE ROOF MET WINDSHIELD HEADER. ASC had to come up with the fix. I need help on how to post photos for you all to see. Please email me at [email protected] and I will post in the am. I have not had luck. They are producing 50 a day now and have to have 3500 built by years end. The loading facility has hundreds waiting to ship accordding to this plant worker and all is a GO! Keep your eyes open!!

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Thanks for the major update!

Can you ask your contact what is going to happen to the low VIN #'s? Will they be reissued or will the '03 production run to 3844 (or so)? Kinda important to those that keep track...

Can't wait to get the call that the truck is ready! If on schedule - just before Thanksgiving...

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
photos

Realprowlerfan: I suggest you email the pics to Troy Roberts, the moderator of these forums and he can put them up on this site for all to see. I would first check with the plant to make sure it is ok with them to do this. They may not like the idea unless they see them first, or there may be some type of copyright issue as well. Someone sent me pics from the factory once and I posted them on my site and the guys in the factory got in a lot of trouble. I got the guys permission to put them there, but the head honchos apparently were unaware of it and asked me to remove them which I did. Just watch out that you don't step on anyones toes in the anxiety to share information.

·
Registered
112 Posts
go ahead and step on those toes, hell the poparazzi do it all the time and they get paid for it! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts