Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pleased to report:

Doug Groh at 3G Services has had hotrodgirl's SSR since the beginning of November as a "host" vehicle in his shop for prototyping the new chin spoilers. Doug has been offering the spoilers in both fiberglass and carbon fiber. As a third offering, he has developed a way to lay up a new product called "Texallium" in the mold that has a stunning chrome-like look.

To thank Debbie for letting him use her truck these past months, Doug and his son, Scott mounted the first Texallium chin spoiler onto her truck. He then arranged a "meeting" with Debbie and Steve to drop by the shop for a visit.

Below are the photos of the results.

I am absolutely blown away by the look of this new accessory. If you want to find out what it looks like, contact hotrodgirl. She's the only Fanatic that has seen the part...... and it's HERS........ Congratulations Debbie.

I know nothing of price or delivery.......

If you are interested in pricing or purchase, contact:

Doug Groh, President
3G Services
12254 Universal Drive
Taylor, Michigan 48180
734-947-9434
734-947-9458 Fax
[email protected]
http://www.3gservicesinc.com

Doug, U DA MAN!!!!!!

Later,:seeya

Mike

Attachments

·
OP
8,226 Posts
silver

would look great on a silver SSR, but Red needs red as do the other darker colors in my opinion. If this can be painted (if you'd want to), then I may opt for this as opposed to the fiberglass, otherwise, fiberglass is the way for me...
BTW, I love the name of the material...YEEHAW!
Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
That looks great!!!! I like the look with any color truck. It's the most innovative aftermarket item I've seen so far. I bet he sells a ton of these.:seeya Deb, you are one lucky gal!!

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
I like the look, But I think I would go for the carbon fiber. I'd like to see it on a two tone(Black/silver):)

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Oh my that looks good! Decisions, decisions, decisions!!!!!:willy:

Now I need more info!!!
What exactly is the Texallium material? Is it paintable? Is this one made exactly like the carbon and fiberglass?

Hey Deb, like that look of surprise!!! Now tell us what you were thinking!! Are you going to keep it?

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Great spoiler. Now please answer can it be painted? What is the estimated distance between the spoiler and the ground.. More pictures if possible.

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,825 Posts

It’s a low horizontal contrast line that to me lowers and widens the look of the front end. I think it would be nice on my black. And for those who miss the look of a front bumper this fools the eye.

·
Yes, I have an ATTITUDE !
1,678 Posts
Looks to me ,more like silver carbon fiber / This would look great on any SSR , and it would enhance the look of the front more. Just my .02 :thumbs

·
Registered
90 Posts
I like the looks of it, and want a chin spoiler,but it needs to be the same color of the truck.
No-mater what the color of the truck.
You don't want something like that to "Stick-Out".

·
Registered
893 Posts
Texallium....

It sure look great to me......My fiberglass unit is on the way and due anytime.......Paint booth is reserved for Fri..........Can't wait.....Deb....it sure looks great........hum humm hummmmmmmm:seeya PS:.......Sure would like to get Doogie to produce my Hood Scoops for me.........His work is exlcellent.......thats forsure.....

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Texallium

OK

I had to go and visit my dad as he hasn't been feeling well, (flu). I saw the thread come on just before I left. I'll try and answer some of your question. Well as much as I know. This is just my 02 worth. I'm sure Doug and Mickey in AZ could answer more of the questions you have.

1st off and most important....the pictures DO NOT DO IT JUSTICE!! You really do have to see up close and personal.

2nd.. I'm sure it could be painted. I wouldn't do it. This has the look of chrome and aluminum. With the aluminum trim on the SSR the textallium makes a very bold statement. It is very impressive.

I had thought that the carbon fiber was impressive until I saw this! Not to take away from the carbon fiber as I still think that look is also impressive. These two materials would look good on and enhance any vehicle.

3rd.. Material of the textalluim....I would feel much more comfortable if Doug would answer this. I did receive a sample of the material but I feel they would word it correctly.

I had know idea this was what I was going to see.....3G Services has gone way overboard for me for the time they have had my SSR. I am at a loss for words!
Although hubby needed a break from me on the way home as this was all I talked about. I am honored and privileged to be this fortunate and yet I also don't feel that I deserve it.

I didn't expect a new material to be introduced for the chin spoiler... but I sure am ecstatic that they did do it. I have to tell you when I saw it my knees buckled and it brought tears to my eyes. Doug, Peggy and Scott have done a tremendous job with this Textalluim material and I know they have a winner. You'll be reading a lot more about this company in the future.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts