Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cleaning up the pile of Junk mail on the table
I find the north Texas tollway bill.. about 7 bucks... really looked like Junk mail.. I'm guessing it was from the high speed early morning Run to Plano with Frank... that was fun...

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,415 Posts
I find the north Texas tollway bill.. about 7 bucks... really looked like Junk mail.. I'm guessing it was from the high speed early morning Run to Plano with Frank... that was fun...
I got one of those from Illinois a couple years ago and I was never there. Those toll enforcement people have unlimited power. I didn't pay it because it wasn't me. Long story short I had to get my DMV South Dakota involved and eventually my Senator got it taken care of but it took about six months. By the time it finally got taken care of the bill was over $200.00 with penalties and late fees. Luckily I didn't have to pay it.

·
SSR Pit Crew
2,060 Posts
The sad thing about it Auggie is you're automatically found guilty and you have to prove yourself not guilty. This in your case involved a lot of aggravation and wasted time. Congratulations on proving your innocence and not just giving up and paying the fine.

Dave

·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts
7 bucks!? :laugh:

Pay it and thank your lucky stars it wasn't a super speeder ticket. >:)

I heard the early morning trip to Plano didn't take nearly as much time as it normally would have. :wink2:

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,415 Posts
The sad thing about it Auggie is you're automatically found guilty and you have to prove yourself not guilty. This in your case involved a lot of aggravation and wasted time. Congratulations on proving your innocence and not just giving up and paying the fine.

Dave
If mine had only been $7 I would have paid it but it was very complicated as they had already found me guilty as I was out of State and had levied the court costs and penalties etc. so it was $200,00 by the time i was notified plus it wasn't me. In the midst of this whole mess the person ran the toll two more times so i ended up with three tickets and many hundreds of dollars in fines and court costs. They have there own judges and hold court even though you are not there. It is mind boggling. If I go east I will be sure to go around Illinois and will not use the toll ways for sure.

Reactions: LKMURKY

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,415 Posts
Auggie, my mother got a Chicago parking ticket ..5 years after she didn't have a car and had quit Driving..150 miles away...a few phone calls and it was dismissed..

I forgot. In Chigago DEAD PEOPLE vote!!!

·
Premium Member
7,344 Posts
Back in the day when I was a teenager, we were heading across the Mississippi River on the Route 66 Chain of Rocks Bridge into St. Louis to see the Cardinals play the Dodgers. From the back seat I told Jargo (my Dad's nickname) "I'll throw the change in Jarg" I faked it and DIDN'T do it. Guess what ??? Every damn bell and red light on that bridge went off. Dad had to stop, get out of the car and walk back and throw the change in the basket. Meanwhile the people in the cars behind us were NOT TO HAPPY !!! I'll tell you one thing those people right behind us heard some pretty choice cuss words. I actually laughed all the way across the bridge ... but the worst part, I knew was coming when we got to Sportsman's Park, I had to get outa' that 52 Chevy 4 door Deluxe and there was gonna' be a "come to Jesus meeting" Things I didn't do or did do when I was a teenager. I still think its funny. tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Ms Donna's Driver
04’ Silver and 05’ Sinister
5,260 Posts
I made that run that morning and my financial advisor says we have not got a bill from Texas toll road :nono. ??

·
Registered
29 Posts
Check web site https://www.ntta.org ,,, and contact them (they have your picture) if you dont pay first notice (black trim envelope) within 25 days from date on notice 12/17/17 due 1/17/18,,,,then 1st notice late fee ($10)+toll then 2nd notice late fee ($10+$25)+toll 25 more days, then 3rd final late +collection fee ($25+10)+toll fee 25 more days . Then court costs so 90 days from 17dec17 the $7 toll is very expensive.

·
Crazy Horse
666 Posts
If you got one, I got one. We were running at a pretty good clip that morning. I need to check but afraid that my fine will include speeding. Should I send the BILL to Frank? LOL:silver::puke:

·
Ms Donna's Driver
04’ Silver and 05’ Sinister
5,260 Posts
If you got one, I got one. We were running at a pretty good clip that morning. I need to check but afraid that my fine will include speeding. Should I send the BILL to Frank? LOL:silver::puke:
Just got my bill today. Total of 3.76 for two tolls and the picture they sent me. Which really wasn’t that good. Too dark. I must have been going so fast they couldn’t get me for speeding.
We all did agree to make a copy of the invoice and Frank would reimburse us Right ??

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
I finally got my bill for $16.58 this past Tuesday. I have a lot of family in the area, so I was on the toll roads a few more times... I called and made my payment without any issue. As for speeding, most everybody speeds as the average is 10-12 over the limit in DFW. I did not dawdle on my way to the Cars and Coffee nor did I hesitate to enter the parking area. Driving in DFW is not for the timid!

David :blur:

·
Crazy Horse
666 Posts
Waiting on my bill, or did it come already? Either way, I was guilty for flying too low to the pavement. Should have pulled back on the stick flew over that damn picture taker!!!!!!! Oh, well! Do as Dale would do!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got another bill from Texas toll today
About 17 bucks...10 dollars late fee..
Made the phone calls and said that my account had been paid zero balance and disregard the bill... just funny the check hadn't cleared by the time the new Late fee bill was issued...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts