Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,378 Posts
Bob Walczk

:thumbs
Marc, I was wondering. Do you know if Bob Walczk own's an SSR? For those who don't know.That gentlemen sitting in the black and silver SSR is Bob Walczk the Product Manager of our Chevy SSR program. Picture was taken at last years Woodward Dream cruise outside our hotel.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,649 Posts
The Leadership that made it happen too!

I have been working on a similar idea for a few months now. I thought I would share this photoshoped image creation with everyone. I wanted to recognized some of our key SSR leaders that had a hand in bringing our beloved SSRs to the market place.

·
Las Vegas Mob
1,371 Posts
Nancy24 said:
Thanks for our SSR's!! I have never loved a car the way I do this one.
Subsitute "truck" for the word "car" and Nancy24 has also spoken for me! :thumbs

Blast

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,190 Posts
"Thank You" to the rest of the Family

This is the shortened version of my very emotional sentiments directed to the Lansing Craft Centre......

I was on the tour today and felt very welcome in your facility. It only took me a couple minutes to realize that the family of LCC employees that made our trucks is just as passionate about the babies as we are. Your hands have built them with loving care and our hands are the ones that will keep them with loving care.

I have thought about the LCC motto (created by an LCC employee) "From our hands to yours"... "Great people crafting great vehicles" since I had the pleasure of a tour of your facility today. It is true. I would like to offer an SSR Fanatic Owner reflection back to all of you at the LCC.... "From your hands to ours"... "Caring for great vehicles created by great people".

The family of LCC employees that built our beloved SSRs is linked directly to the family of Fanatics that now own them. We felt that today when we walked around the line and were able to touch some of you.

We are truly blessed with your craftsmanship.

My deepest regards,

Mike Moro

·
Thank You To Our Troops
19,853 Posts
Marc NY said:
I have been working on a similar idea for a few months now. I thought I would share this photoshoped image creation with everyone. I wanted to recognized some of our key SSR leaders that had a hand in bringing our beloved SSRs to the market place.

Cool Picture:thumbs

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,649 Posts
Quote from a LCC employee!

Gina said:
Cool Picture:thumbs
Thanks for your kind words Gina... as you know I really enjoy doing that sort of thing. :)

BTW: I got a reply in my GM Lotus Notes and also here on our site. One of the workers / auditors wanted me to express his feelings to all of our members. Below are both of his comments sent to me.

Quality

Hey Marc can you tell the people on the ssr site thanks for the sendoff bulletin in the Lansing paper I for one do like the care everyone has for the employees here at the Craft Centre

Thank You
Greg

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,190 Posts
Don't forget ASC

In all the flurry of "Thank You" messages, we have to remember the tremendous part ASC had in the engineering and the production of our trucks. I received a very nicely worded note from an ASC employee (yes, Janet, I was listening) yesterday, making sure we remember that they are part of the family too. Here's her note.......

SSR Fanatics.

I see in the news today that SSR owners from around the country were
touring the Craft Center . I know that the SSR is a GM product along
with ASC, Inc.; but it bothers me that all the attention is focused on
GM.. I am an employee of ASC Lansing Assembly which produces most of the
sub assemblies for GM. We seem to get overlooked when it comes to any
recognizition on our part of producing
the SSR. There are a lot of employees at ASC that have been working
hard and are proud of the vehicle that we helped produced. There are a few of
us that started from the very beginning of this program and are sad at
the ending of this unique vehicle.

I hope everyone of you are pleased with the SSR and hope you enjoy them
.. ASC employees have strived to produce a vehicle of fine quality that
we can be proud of .
In the years to come I know GM will be alway known for the production of
the SSR but I can only hope that ASC employees will be remembered for
their role in producing a fine truck.
Thank You for being a fan of the SSR.....ENJOY .

One of many proud ASC employees
Janet Garber

Thank you Janet, for reminding us that this unique vehicle was designed and fabricated with a unique team of GM and ASC. The employees at ASC have done an awesome job of keeping the SSR true to the original concept vehicle design through the engineering phase and continue to produce the high quality production parts that are the beauty of the SSR.

Thank You ASC.

One of many proud SSR Owners,
Mike Moro

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,190 Posts
Sandy,

There has been absolutely no contact made at ASC to date and I doubt they will do much on one day's notice. I have been monitoring all of my email accounts and have yet to hear anything back from ASC. My recommendation is to stay the course with the LCC tour. I also recognize that you could make your own connection somehow and arrange something on a "spur-of-the-moment" tomorrow, but it would definitely catch ASC off guard.

The "Thank You" ad in the paper Thursday has been modified to include the fine people at ASC. I'll post it here when I have a final proof copy. You'll see it on Thursday Morning if you can't get to the site tomorrow nite.

I hope you are as touched by the workers at LCC as I was,

Mike

1 - 20 of 35 Posts