1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
August 24, 2005

SSR Owners – Fanatics:

I want to thank all of you who were able to join us in person for the first-ever SSR Homecoming at the Lansing Craft Centre, as well as those that have joined us virtually through the ssrfanatic.com site.

I hope that you enjoyed your visit and time in Lansing as much as we enjoyed showing you what we do. Everyone involved that I have spoken to was overwhelmed by the adoration you all have for our beloved SSR.

Listening to your SSR experiences, product suggestions and just simply observing how we have impacted your life was a phenomenal experience. It was great to hear the many stories and memories so many of you had of our historical vehicles as we walked through the GM Heritage Center. I even learned a few new things about our own vehicles!

I want to thank you once again for deciding to purchase a Chevrolet SSR and I hope that you enjoyed your 2005 Homecoming experience and the Woodward Dream Cruise as much as we did. And for all of the ssrfanatic.com members on the SSR fence, I hope that listening to the experiences that current SSR owners have shared, will put you on the SSR owner side of the fence. You will not regret your decision!

Sincerely,

Bob Walczyk
Product & Marketing Manager
Chevrolet SSR

Attachments

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Official Count Not Complete

What I have heard so far "unofficially" is that there were approx. 70 SSR owners there plus other GM SSRs on display. We should have the exact count soon of all the SSRs that were in attendance on Friday's Homecoming.

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,833 Posts

Mr. Walczyk … I’m on the fence for a 2008 SSR, I should have the bank in shape by then. What can you tell me to push me over the fence?

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,210 Posts

Sounds like a good year for me to. T

The wifes truck will be paid for and we will be in the market for another SSR. Not a replacement for mine or hers, just an addition to the rest of the toys.

·
Premium Member
9,391 Posts
I'm with Rebel

We're building a house this fall, which will put me out of commission for an 07. 08, however, looks good.......... with a 427? ;)

Please, Mr Walczyk!!! - I promise I'll be good.

Ray

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
2 New Colors 07 & 08

wvssr said:
What colors will you put on the 08?
There will be two new colors for 07 and two new colors for 08! Sorry that is all I can report right now. :)

FYI: To justify the cost of developing and validating a new color GM needs to keep the color for at least two years.

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,781 Posts
AND, there will be TWO two-tone choices in '07.

P/P

Peace :flag

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,833 Posts

and two new colors for 08!

validating a new color GM needs to keep the color for at least two years. :cheers

Still looking longer term? … I expected 5 years max, as that was the plan as I understood it ... but looks like maybe they are trying to save her and develop her a little farther.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
5 years and beyond

Yes Ed,

The min. goal was 5 years and could be longer depending on demand. :cheers

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,210 Posts
What colors on 08?

The wife says it's her turn to pick the colors to paint the next vehicle.

I just hope she doesn't take any tip from Martha............ :cry :cry

Graphics will probably be up to me though.

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Martha Stewart Yellow..................................... with Jesse James' skull graphics! :D

V

·
0 Posts
Dealbreaker on the 07...

Mr Walczyk,

When I get my 2007 SSR I was hoping we could negotiate an LS7 engine as an option?

Thanks in advance.

Vaquero :cool

1 - 14 of 14 Posts