Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a problem with my Roof not working and I sent a PM to Dicktator and explained that I was getting an error message that My roof is ajar and to cycle the top, which didn't work. SSR Book said to move the compressor and to pull a hidden cable and BLA-BLA-BLA. Well I'm here to tell you this about " the Dicktator ". I don't bandy about or sling around the word " genius " very often unless somehow I've done something that surprises the hell out of everyone including me, and then of course it is referred to me, by me, for me, which only happens in my tiny mind, but, alas I digress. Dicktator had the fix for me and was very clear and when, three weeks later I was able to perform the fix as he instructed me to do, well it was a down right miracle just how easy it was to do. My hats off to you "Mr. Dicktator "you are the Grand High Exalted Lord Poo Bah of the SSR world, no wait, make that the UNIVERSE. I bow to your greatness, I kneel at your feet, I am humbled by your knowledge, I am truly UN-worthy. What else can
I say but THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU and if that was not very clear then let me state to you all, He's a FRICKEN GENIUS. Thank god we have him, I know I do.
PS
It took 3 weeks to fix because I was down with some sort of Flu like thing and I was going around sanitizing everything I touched, trying not to re-infect myself, so I stayed out of the SSR until I was over it, what ever it was, still not sure what it was. Oh well Thanks Tator for a great piece of information.:grin2:

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
I will ditto everything everyone said about Dick "Dicktator" and add they don't get any better. He has helped me more than several times and is always there when you need him for advice or parts. I will add that their are a selected few that have the knowledge and willingness to help the other Fanatics. Not to take anything away from Dicktator but how about driving a part from FL to I believe NJ when a fellow Fanatic was stuck on the road which is a true story I just don't remember the name of the FL Fanatic.

To all SSR Fanatics this group couldn't get any better than what we have. I wouldn't own an SSR if this group wasn't here for support.

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
A year ago I needed advice on changing my Ignition switch. I sent a PM to Dick on what to do. Dick sent a PM back and said, Hey you fly me out to Washington state and I will change It for you, Only If you have a good supply of CAPTAIN MORGAN RUM. Well I had six big bottles of rum and thought, Maybe that would not be enough, So I changed my mind and had a mechanic change the switch, Where I have the R serviced. I have always enjoyed asking Dick questions about different things on my SSR. Thanks Dick, A true RUM and ICE CREAM, DICKTATOR

·
Premium Member
9,418 Posts
Dicktator won't be available for consultations for a while.

He is suffering from acute swelling of the head. He is on intravenous ice cream to reduce the swelling.>:)

Reactions: SSReplay

·
SSR Pit Crew
13,181 Posts
WOW!! You guys are being very nice to me but I am the one who is thankful for SSR Fanatics who are making my life so much fun.

To KNIGHTRANGER, I am sorry but I am already married!!

42yrs this year and Kathy is NOT going to start training another husband, she told me so.

There are so many Fanatics that I need to thank for all the fun, laughs and companionship that I will just say one BIG THANK YOU!!!

And at my age, 83 this year, (I hope), swelling of my head or anything else is not a worry.

Dicktator

See you at Tech Seminar in Daytona and Tech Seminar in Maggie Valley!!

Tech Day in Texas: Link:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,708 Posts
WOW!! You guys are being very nice to me but I am the one who is thankful for all SSR Fanatics for making my life so much fun.

To KNIGHTRANGER, I am sorry but I am already married!!

42yrs this year and Kathy is NOT going to start training another husband, she told me so.

There are so many Fanatics that I need to thank for all the fun, laughs and companionship that I will just say one BIG THANK YOU!!!

And at my age, 83 this year, (I hope), swelling of my head or anything else is not a worry.

Dicktator

See you at Tech Seminar in Daytona and Tech Seminar in Maggie Valley!!

Tech Day in Texas: Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYhQ2546ues
Big D...........We've never met, but I hope we get the chance in Daytona and/or Maggie Valley as I am also signed up for both. I'm pushing 76 and hopeful for making a few more years. Your ( tech files) have for sure been a major boost for many whom might other wise never want to tackle a (semi) or maybe more so mechanical task to correct a problem with their ride.:grin2:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts