Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I go to my local car wash and they do everything by hand etc. I am a total fanatic when it comes to trying to keep the car clean as I am sure most of you all are. This is why I am posting this.. just for giggles in case anyone needs the info:

I tell them not to use any brushes (the ones on the sticks..they make me cringe)
And NOT TO ARMOUR ALL the inside.
I am still sick for what I am about to type.... lol
They ARMOURALLED the intire interior. I wanted to kill someone.
Anyway,
after an hour of them in the detail center trying to fix it I gave up and left.
I called armour all.. :) and asked them kindly how to remove the product from my car. They were very sympathetic to my needs and proceeded to tell me how to rectify the situation. Its is a simple 5-1-1 mixture..
5 parts water
1 part amonia (ouch)
1 part dishwashing liquid (non bleach)
this completely sucked to do .. but I spent a few hours outside and got 98.2% of it off. I need to go out again and do the rest. however I am thankful it worked.
If anyone else out there gets into this mess or needs the info I figured I would post it so you can have some help. :thumbs

needless to say I am going to learn spanish before I go back so I can communicate with the guys there.

As a side note: they also opened my trunk to dry the car and I came out to see them repeatedly trying to slam the trunk with the gate closed... (imagine me freaking to this... ) I hate to look like a total ocd freak but this stuff pisses me off. LOL (im not that ocd though cause I never check my spelling in these posts..haha)

John

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
511 Info

Thanks John.
That's good stuff. Sorry to hear your about your complete loss of communications with your car wash people. I don't believe your ocd over this.
I'm now that #$*& :cuss that takes up two parking spots when necessary. Or parks in the far end of a lot.
Better to wash yourself if possible. :thumbs

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
C1Trob said:
Thanks John.
That's good stuff. Sorry to hear your about your complete loss of communications with your car wash people. I don't believe your ocd over this.
I'm now that #$*& :cuss that takes up two parking spots when necessary. Or parks in the far end of a lot.
Better to wash yourself if possible. :thumbs

That's an excellent way to get your truck "keyed" in LA. :rolleyes:

Gary (WearyEagle)

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
A Keyed car . . . . Marks of Distinction . . . .

Watch Six said:
Hey WearyEagle,
They don't key your vehicle in California anymore, the just personilize it :lol :lol :lol
Mike :cool
Semper Fi
I got it, Mike. The new status symbol in California says, "My ride is so friggin' costly and unique and requires such special care (even in parking) that folks out of sheer frustration that they can't have one, key mine . . . . . see ? . . . . over here? . . . .over there?. . . . . they are so jealous". :lol :lol :lol

Hehehe . . . . The new conversation topic at Starbucks in the evening. How many more key scratches I have than YOU do. :lol :lol :lol
Gary (WearyEagle)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.