Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The all new 2009 SSR

Please view the 2009 SSR’s now on display.

Please do not post on this thread till after judging results have been posted.
Our members where asked to build models of the SSR in this 2009 Forum Contest.

They could build stock or custom, but asked to make the finished models look as realistic as possible. They all did a great job.

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

ONE = Delma Lou

This is a 2004 Ricochet Silver SSR all stock like my real one, I have added a little metal flake to make it sparkle and it was build by a 66 year old grandmother of 4. I think you are never to old to play with fast trucks

Attachments

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

TWO = AutoDan
The model is painted with the Ultra Violet: purple: color, the engine compartment is detailed with painted engine cover and air cleaner housing, the plug wires are also painted and mass air flow sensor housing, fuse panel box and coolant bottle and brake master cylinder. The truck also has a wind suppressor and running boards custom made and color matched to the factory colors. The exhaust is the right color and stock configuration, with 5" tips. The fuel door is chrome and the rear end cover is aluminum in color. The sway bar tag and rear shocks are the correct color.

Attachments

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

FOUR = Tugboat

Here is the first, and possibly only, scale model of the beautiful Aqua Blur SSR. A rare SSR fact not known my many, (as I am making this up), there was one 2004 SSR painted Aqua Blur. It was never released for sale, as anyone wanting this colour would only want the LS2 motor. This model is a true reproduction of this one rare car and cherished by its owner, who is the proud owner of a 2005 Aqua Blur SSR. Given the rarity and quality of this model, it is not for sale. The model can be viewed at numerous car shows and SSR gatherings hosted by the SSR Fanantic Northwest Chapter.

Attachments

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

FIVE = Jgrden

This Black Silk had its right front wheel hub rebuilt after the rotor had to be replaced since it welded itself into the wrong position (moved while drying).
Noticed that the oil pan is missing. It was left on the frying table after being painted.
Windshield is splattered with bugs from going top fast. The finish is pitted from following a dirt truck too close. Damned Texas dirt trucks.
Bottom has been undercoated to protect it against salt when we visit Florida, so it is all black.

Attachments

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

SEVEN = Alex05ssr

Model was built for me by a friend's medically disabled son, Rodney Counts.
Built and detailed to match my SSR as closely as possible from photos provided.
Painted with ricochet silver paint code GM automotive paint.
Hand made running boards and "Whitewolf" rear spoiler out of balsa wood.
Custom wheels to match my 20"/22" Helo "Skid" wheels.
Detailing highlights include bright chrome package, bright chrome front and rear bowties, 2-tone seats, engine bay, and cargo area.

Attachments

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

ELEVEN = Rebel

My build is my attempt to build clean smooth look.

Paint is LT. Topaz (8801550) over GM Redfire (CDS GM5020) on a “Jimmy Flintstone SSR delivery body”.

Interior is done in Sand Beige (DSFM247)

No side mirrors, also the side-marker lights where filled in along with all lower body seams.

Engine is 427ci. with Kinsler fuel injection, from another kit.

Windows are made from package plastic (Christmas bulb box) with window tint added.
White out, for paper was used to give the “white wash look” on the windows.

Wheels and tires yet from another kit, gives the stance I would attempt to get on a full size SSR delivery.

This delivery would haul Fanaticville auto parts on week days, and haul azz on the strip Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!

Attachments

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

Still waiting on a return PM from one of the contestents before I post the winners.

When I get word back, I will follow up with the results and prize picking order.

O.K. Fuzzy has agreed to take only one prize, instead of the four he won.

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

O.K. THIS POST IS NOW OPEN... everyone can post here now. thanks for waiting!

Here are the results for the 2009 SSR build, from the head judge LEADSLEDMERC (I added the names after, he only had numbers)

“Okey-dokie guys and gals Sorry for the long delay (things have been a little Crazy round here).
Here are the Results:
Stock

3rd place -- #4 TUGBOAT
2nd place -- #7 ALEX05SSR
1st place -- #2 AUTODAN

Custom
3rd place -- #8 FUZZY
2nd place -- #9 FUZZY
1st place -- #11 REBEL

Most Original -- #8 FUZZY

Best Paint -- #9 FUZZY

Best In Show -- #11 REBEL

Honorable mention
#1 -- DELMA LOU
#3 -- GRIMMYE
#5 -- JGRDEN
#6 -- RICKSSR
#10 -- SSRTRUCK

Thanks for the patience, and participation.

All the builds are incredible, and by all accounts, the judging was quite difficult. All builders are welcome here anytime!”

Link to our judge’s model site, will be sent to all contestants.

Fuzzy and I will both only take one prize and spread the wealth around.
Since fuzzy took four classes He gets first pick, Then the best of show gets second pick if thet's o.k. with everyone. Then it's from the hat for other winners. and then from the hat for the Honorable mention people.

I hope you had fun, get ready for next march we will do it again.

PRIZE LIST
Easter egg SSR's (from RSSRTOY)

SSR 11x17 Full sized factory original Calendar
and a Flamed Calendar (from Big Jim)

SSR collector (hat) Pin. (from Wildcat66)

SSR golf towel and SSR "lighted" drinking glass (from Bondo Princess)

SSR handcrafted pen (from Jgrden)

Glen Durmisevich signature (from REBEL)

2,000 Canadian pennies or equivalent (from Rebel)

2,000 Canadian pennies or equivalent (from Rebel)

FUZZY YOUR UP, PICK A PRIZE PLEASE.

·
SSR Pit Crew
9,297 Posts
Congratulations to All!

Great job by everybody! I got to see autodan's stock that was patterned after his :purple: and it was beautifully, well done :)

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
58 Replies
19 Participants
Tug Boat
Chevy SSR Forum
Chevy SSR Forum - where SSR fans discuss modifications, wheel & tire tech, performance and so much more!
Full Forum Listing