Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a hiatus because of my two operations and then Ron having some health issues we worked on the top on his Blue truck yesterday. To recap, we have found 5 micro switches that were stuck, replaced the RDM Module, replaced wiring connector (that was damaged form when the guy got in the top compartment).

Yesterday we replaced the Header Latch Switch and the Header Latch. Now the top will go down and close the toneau cover, go up and latch but for the top to go up we have to "Manually Open Toneau Cover", then the top will go up and latch, but then after the "Flipper Panel" folds down the Tonneau Cover stops.

After a discussion with Dicktator (he answers his phone while on vacation in California on a Saturday afternoon) he said he thinks the remaining problem is a break in a wire where they are attached the hinge of the Tonneau Cover and is opening up when the cover is moving. Ron had company coming for the holiday so we had to stop. Next Saturday we will splice in new wiring.

What's left to do: Replace ignition switch (occasionally won't start), right door click fix, transmission cable fix. adjust bed cover and taking the ABS Module off and send it to MyAirBags.com for a complete overhaul and testing and then reinstall.

Thank you Dicktator for all of your guidance and accepting all of those Saturday phone calls.

Jack

·
Super Moderator
13,933 Posts
Dick and Mike (Moro) are both brilliant SSR men - we owe them so much

Many mid continent dwellers only dream of visiting the ocean. I wonder why an Atlantic Ocean man would holiday to California to dip his toe in the Pacific Ocean
On an ocean cruise through the Virgin Islands, I think it was Martinique where the oceans met and I was able to dip my toes in both oceans, and I could see the difference in colours (maybe my imagination)

Atlantic Ocean - Aqua Blur
Pacific Ocean - PacBlue of course

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,386 Posts
Dick and Mike (Moro) are both brilliant SSR men - we owe them so much

Many mid continent dwellers only dream of visiting the ocean. I wonder why an Atlantic Ocean man would holiday to California to dip his toe in the Pacific Ocean
On an ocean cruise through the Virgin Islands, I think it was Martinique where the oceans met and I was able to dip my toes in both oceans, and I could see the difference in colours (maybe my imagination)

Atlantic Ocean - Aqua Blur
Pacific Ocean - PacBlue of course
Maybe the Atlantic and the Gulf of Mexico. The Pacific does not meet the Atlantic until the Strait of Magellan South of Chile. I was never any good at Geography either Dale!

·
Super Moderator
13,933 Posts
Maybe the Atlantic and the Gulf of Mexico. The Pacific does not meet the Atlantic until the Strait of Magellan South of Chile. I was never any good at Geography either Dale!
Oh well, I like to think I dipped my toes in both oceans at one time - an old man's dream perhaps
But I have spent time in Florida and lived on the Pacific Coast for 30 some years

1 - 8 of 8 Posts