Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1GCES14H46B117632 :yellow:

#3 of 3 Callaway Supercharged SSRs built.
Amend: 3.29.2012 - I spoke with Callaway and found out there were four Callaway SSR's. They are separated into two divisions, the MY2003 set alone and the 3 MY2005's as a group of 3. The Callaway Letters of Authenticity state # of 3 regarding these.
The very first was a MY2003 naturally aspirated :ssr with a 550 Sport 7L engine installed.
This is owned by BigJohn in CT who has been very helpful providing information enabling me to sort this out as well as I have to date.
:ssr MY2003 #1 of 1 Callaway SSR 550 Sport - M32 - CT
:blur: MY2005 #1 of 3 Callaway Supercharged - M32 - FL
:yellow: MY2005 #2 of 3 Callaway Supercharged - M10 - OH
:black: MY2005 #3 of 3 Callaway Supercharged - M32 - CA (now in OH)
:silver: MY2006 #1 of 1 Callaway Supercharged - M10 - NY

I am trying to gain more information on them by having Joanne @ Callaway forward a letter from me to the owners.

SEE Post #10

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet ssr Pickup truck
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Engine Auto part
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Car seat
Vehicle Car Yellow Motor vehicle Automotive exterior
Yellow

Lousy pictures unfortunately.
Chevrolet : SSR Chevrolet : SSR | eBay
Buy it Now is $48k
This is a slightly amended version of the verbiage in the listing.

From the ebay listing:

This is a fully loaded 2005 Callaway SSR. Callaway built three SSR trucks.
This is the last Callaway truck built #3 of 3. This SSR is optioned with:
1SB - Preferred equipment group heated seats and 6 CD player
14P -Chrome Wheels
VXM - Body colored accent package comes with:
BVF - Body Color running boards (not installed but come with the truck)
ERK - Cargo compartment trim w/ wood
M10 - 6-speed manual transmission
C44 - Cockpit windbreak
R6K - Special paint
VR4 - Towing package w/ hitch insert
CTD - Cargo netting
BVF - Customized floor mats
Front license plate bracket.

This is a one owner SSR that has been stored in a temperature controlled facility for its entire life.
The Callaway package adds:
- Special Callaway badging on the rear of the truck
- Fully polished supercharger and special Callaway fuel rail covers
This SSR is one that can be driven everyday, but can also give a Corvette a run for its money.
Questions please let me know. (614) 579-2506 8am - 10pm EST

**CarFax was clean with no service history noted.

This one is different from the other one that I am aware of. On the plus side this one has the polished supercharger.
The :blur: has Callaway side pipes, custom wheels, large Callaway tail gate emblem which is pretty cool.
Callaway puts different packages together and it would seem the :blur: might have been a step up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
2005 SSR Black with Calaway

My husband inherited a 2005 black SSR :black: with Calaway supercharger from his brother; he lived in CA until last year. We live in Ohio. I believe we could be one of the 4 mentioned. What does the M10 & M32 mean?

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
30,232 Posts
My husband inherited a 2005 black SSR :black: with Calaway supercharger from his brother; he lived in CA until last year. We live in Ohio. I believe we could be one of the 4 mentioned. What does the M10 & M32 mean?
Welcome to the Family from one of the SoCal Nuts. My condolences to you and your husband on the loss of his brother. My congratulations on your receipt of a wonderful remembrance of him. I know you will enjoy your :black: as much as the rest of us enjoy ours and it will always remind you of your Brother-In-Law. Please make sure to answer the letter Cash referenced when you get it since it will be a very important part of the history of these wonderful trucks.

·
Super Moderator
14,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the Family from one of the SoCal Nuts. My condolences to you and your husband on the loss of his brother. My congratulations on your receipt of a wonderful remembrance of him. I know you will enjoy your :black: as much as the rest of us enjoy ours and it will always remind you of your Brother-In-Law. Please make sure to answer the letter Cash referenced when you get it since it will be a very important part of the history of these wonderful trucks.
Very cool that you noticed this! :)
xoxoxobruce already answered this but from what I gathered from Callaway there were 2 built with 6sp (M10) and 2 built with automatics (M32).

I doubt billstoy would have received the letter I asked Callaway to send out unless it was forwarded.
For SSR heritage records, I would like to know as much as you can tell me about the Callaway modifications and the last 5 of your VIN.
If you prefer you could PM me your email address or contact me via [email protected] If you have pictures you could email that would be great - engine bay and exterior, plus any that would show distinguishing Callaway characteristics.

·
Super Moderator
14,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Moderator "LTs SSR" and myself met Bill and seen his SSR in June 2008. Nice guy, very clean truck. LT took 2 pictures of it in this thread.....

http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f28/bobs-big-boy-30211/
Aaah, thanks TommyB (and LT) - the elusive Callaway!
Not sure which number of 4 this is but it does confirm the 4th Callaway! :) I assume it is #4 of 4 as I have 1/3 and 3/3 so if we can assume there are four and the Blue one (not AB) is likely #2, this should be 4 of 4! I would love more pictures and if we can confirm the last 5 of the VIN. :) What we can see from these pictures are the Callaway gate emblem and some carbon fibre attributes to the engine bay aside from the magnacharger. Much more I am sure.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
What I should add here is that I have confirmed #1 Callaway as being a MY2003 :ssr which BigJohn has described as a "sleeper" with a 7L beast hiding under the hood.

Callaway #001 - 1GCES14P23B101675
:ssr MY2003 Callaway SSR 550 Sport 7L naturally aspirated - owned by Fanatic BigJohn

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Pickup truck

The 3 Supercharged MY2005's

#1 of 3 is the "Blue" which I thought was a :blur: but it started as a :black:.
MY2005 Callaway Blue Supercharged SSR - VIN Unknown

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Motor vehicle

#2 of 3 - 1GCES14H45B117632
:yellow: MY2005 Callaway Supercharged SSR

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Chevrolet ssr Pickup truck

#3 of 3 - VIN Unkown
:black: MY2005 Callaway Supercharged SSR owned by billstoy.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Chevrolet ssr

In December 2017 a MY2006 Callaway emerged

#1 of 1 MY2006 Callaway Superchardged SSR owned by PUGSSR
1GCES14HX6B122920

Not positive of all of this, but pretty sure! :)
I won't be happy until I have VIN's for #1 & #3 (and more pictures!) :)

Ladies and Gentlemen - The Callaways! :sunce:

·
Super Moderator
14,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Anyone know what RPO option APV is? Its RARE! Flash and Dale probably know. I would love to have this option.:)
Give me a break!! Flassh wouldn't have a clue!:glol
However, ask him some Signature stuff and he is the man! :)

http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f50/regular-production-options-46425/
Apv – equipment – camping package, table and chairs
Good man Jimbob! I love it when people respect the effort! :)

Speaking of APV, where did you see that Moody?
I'm not sure that is on any Build Sheets, but I would love to be proved wrong

·
Premium Member
50,206 Posts
Give me a break!! Flassh wouldn't have a clue!:glol
However, ask him some Signature stuff and he is the man! :)

Good man Jimbob! I love it when people respect the effort! :)

Speaking of APV, where did you see that Moody?
I'm not sure that is on any Build Sheets, but I would love to be proved wrong
I bought a GM Manual on-line. It has a lot of good info on the SSRs. I have tried to find the Table and Chairs. But I'm hitting a dead end. The Manual is PDF. It is over a hundred pages long. Maybe I can send it to a CD. But it is way to large for E-Mail.

·
Super Moderator
14,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I figured out some more about these guys as to the #'s of and have revised Posts #1 & #10.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Though not done back in the day and not sure it should be included on your list, just had Callaway install latest version of their 2300 Corvette supercharger in my 2006 6 speed SSR. Awesome performance upgrade though a 2 week installation estimate by Callaway turned into 11 weeks! Not happy with the long delay but worth the wait. They did a great job!

·
Super Moderator
14,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Though not done back in the day and not sure it should be included on your list, just had Callaway install latest version of their 2300 Corvette supercharger in my 2006 6 speed SSR. Awesome performance upgrade though a 2 week installation estimate by Callaway turned into 11 weeks! Not happy with the long delay but worth the wait. They did a great job!
I just posted in your other thread - would appreciate knowing which you have (last 4 of VIN) - also would like some photos if you have them - email me a phone # if you wish

Cash - Dale
ssrfanatic.com

·
Premium Member
9,506 Posts
The extra 9 weeks were probably used up modifying the firewall to make the 2300 fit. That and rerouting all the wiring to hide it took up most of the time in my install. The new 1900 would fit without requiring any firewall modifications - but I would have lost two years of fun.:)

Sounds like yours is a custom color - Nardo grey is not stock. Would love to see photos of the truck and supercharger install.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts