Chevy SSR Forum banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,506 Posts
Hi Flassh, a question on where did you purchase the front and rear Nerf Bars you have on your truck. Cheers
I purchased them in 2006, from a Fanatic in Nevada who stopped manufacturing them shortly after I got mine, and later sold his truck to 240 Gordy. I think Gordy removed and sold the set on his truck. They were nicely done out of stainless instead of chromed steel.

I believe Floyd (TnSSRman) manufactured a similar product in Tennessee for a while, but not sure if there was any product remaining when he passed away last year.

If any product exists, or could be manufactured, Mike in AZ would be the one to check with. He purchased the balance of Floyd's inventory.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I purchased them in 2006, from a Fanatic in Nevada who stopped manufacturing them shortly after I got mine, and later sold his truck to 240 Gordy. I think Gordy removed and sold the set on his truck. They were nicely done out of stainless instead of chromed steel.

I believe Floyd (TnSSRman) manufactured a similar product in Tennessee for a while, but not sure if there was any product remaining when he passed away last year.

If any product exists, or could be manufactured, Mike in AZ would be the one to check with. He purchased the balance of Floyd's inventory.
Thanks Flassh

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Hi kingforward - great looking SSR!

I sent you a PM with my email address & phone # - would like to converse if possible.

·
Eat-Breathe-Sleep-SSR's
1,982 Posts

I just saw this, so will respond...better late than never...ha ha! Bernie Wadekamper in Lake Havasu City AZ, is the one who was making the nerf bars. I own his truck, it was ROTM in Feb 2018. I sold my Nerf Bars to to KellyO, who still has them on his 2006 FPR Black over Silver. Bernie is not well, I'll do some scouting dave755, and see if I can find a set. This won't happen over night, please leave it with me.

·
Registered
2005 Mallett SSR
4 Posts
Not sure - last recorded info is registered in OH in 2011 with 9200 miles
Lots of options as to what happened but IMO the Mallett is in a private collection

However, when the Car Fax goes dead there is always the possibility of being exported
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I have it! Had it since 2011. It's still in Ohio and has just over 10K miles on it now. I take it to the car show at the Der Dutchman on Thursdays occasionally if anyone is in the Columbus area and wants to see it. 👍

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
5,601 Posts
@RS49 Don't apologize and Welcome to the Fanatic Family! Wish you had found us years ago! Please tell us about your very special truck and include some pictures!
The Ohio Chapter is quickly growing and we are getting connected better and better! We have several members in the Columbus area. Mark @Autoprof attends numerous car shows in that area. Let us know what Thursday you'll be there and I'm sure someone will meet up. I just make the drive from Defiance! Mark will see this post and make contact with you I am sure!
Again Welcome! 💙😁

Reactions: Garris1 and RS49

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
5,601 Posts
@Cash see post #47. 😉

·
Registered
2005 Mallett SSR
4 Posts
Don't apologize and Welcome to the Fanatic Family! Wish you had found us years ago! Please tell us about your very special truck and include some pictures!
The Ohio Chapter is quickly growing and we are getting connected better and better! We have several members in the Columbus area. Mark @Autoprof attends numerous car shows in that area. Let us know what Thursday you'll be there and I'm sure someone will meet up. I just make the drive from Defiance! Mark will see this post and make contact with you I am sure!
Again Welcome! 💙😁
Thanks! Just getting ready to bring it out of hibernation and I'll take some new pics after I've gotten the dust off of it!

Looks like Der Dutchman is going to get rained on for the season opener this week but the next time it's not raining it'll definitely be there. (y)

·
Premium Member
04 SSR
4,233 Posts
Thanks! Just getting ready to bring it out of hibernation and I'll take some new pics after I've gotten the dust off of it!

Looks like Der Dutchman is going to get rained on for the season opener this week but the next time it's not raining it'll definitely be there. (y)
Looking forward to meeting you and seeing this rare SSR.
Mine is mostly stock too ---

Well --- I guess I should say My DRIVETRAIN IS MOSTLY STOCK!! Because, I might have modified some of the other parts of the car just a little

I will not make it this Thursday - I am too busy finishing up spring semester classes and preparing for our trip to Maggie Valley.
Thursday May 12 - we will be in Maggie Valley.
Thursday May 19 - weather dependent - I might be able to attend
Sunday May 22 -- Shortys Pizza and Growl on Sawmill road - Autosmarts radio car show. - I plan to attend this one.

·
Registered
2005 Mallett SSR
4 Posts
Looking forward to meeting you and seeing this rare SSR.
Mine is mostly stock too ---

Well --- I guess I should say My DRIVETRAIN IS MOSTLY STOCK!! Because, I might have modified some of the other parts of the car just a little

I will not make it this Thursday - I am too busy finishing up spring semester classes and preparing for our trip to Maggie Valley.
Thursday May 12 - we will be in Maggie Valley.
Thursday May 19 - weather dependent - I might be able to attend
Sunday May 22 -- Shortys Pizza and Growl on Sawmill road - Autosmarts radio car show. - I plan to attend this one.

A fellow Carshowtalk aficionado I see. (y)

I'm sure we'll run into each other at one of those places! I've seen both a red and a yellow SSR at a number of shows around town - either of them you?

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
6,325 Posts
@RS49, Wow glad you found us so @Cash can update his info. ALSO---Welcome from Forney Texas. Consider clicking on the Colored Letter/Picture, top far right corner, go down to "Account Settings", click, and fill in your information. Especially your LOCATION and the year of your SSR, like the rest of us. Then go the the left side and click on "Signature". Also put the year of your SSR in your "Signature", and anything else you want to show in your posts, and we can help you better if you have a problem. When you finish click the "SAVE" box.

Click here for the "How To Library" OneDrive

Also click on this link and go to Post #1 Help Us Help You---UPDATE

Then go to the "New Member Section" and introduce yourself. New Member Section

Click here for parts, help and tips--Simple Engineering, LLC – Chevy SSR Aftermarket Parts, Accessories and Repair Solutions

Nick & Kathy

·
Premium Member
04 SSR
4,233 Posts
A fellow Carshowtalk aficionado I see. (y)

sure we'll run into each other at one of those places! I've seen both a red and a yellow SSR at a number of shows around town - either of them you?
Probably the Red one..
I didn't want to hijack this thread anymore. So I sent you a conversation (private message).

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
30,229 Posts
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I have it! Had it since 2011. It's still in Ohio and has just over 10K miles on it now. I take it to the car show at the Der Dutchman on Thursdays occasionally if anyone is in the Columbus area and wants to see it. 👍
Never apologize for reactivating an old thread if, as in this case, you have additional information that is critical to keeping tings updated.
Welcome to the family.

·
Premium Member
04 SSR
4,233 Posts
Think I might take the Mallett up to Der Dutchman tonight (June 23) if anyone else is out and about!
Der Dutchman in Plain City Ohio?
EDIT, I guess if I would have reread previous post, I would know this is a YES, in Plain City!

I have wanted to attend their Thursday night cruise in for sometime. But it's usally 7pm by the time Marie and I both get home on Thursdays. Personally I am too tired to go out and eat, I just want to relax.

I hope to attend in August when I am on a break between summer and fall semester.

Have fun, hopefully other central Ohio members will show up.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts