Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after 7 years in the making I finally get to make this post. :party

I have been building a Cobra kit car for 3 years of my life. Thank goodness for my SSR Hotrod :ssr to take the edge off during my build process of my cobra. Building a car from a kit has been one of the most interesting experience of my life. When building a kit car you get to meet some great people and vendors :) and you had to learn to un-associate with scummy river rats :cuss that you will find in abundance in this industry. I don’t really care about that anymore because between a great group of SSR people and having 2 custom painted hot rods in da house it is just a great feeling finally
Check them out
Later
SSRCOBRA ;)

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
Wow those are both great lookin rides :ssr :flag

Jim

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,833 Posts
ssr paint

I have always wanted a better view of your paint ,I like the colors, but would like to see how your lines flow.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey
thats kind of personal on how my lines flow :lol

My SSR won 1 of 24 First Prize's from Dupont for its HOT HUES Awards program
(Hot Hues is Duponts newest color selctions)

The cobra is painted hot poppy with a snow storm stripe and warp speed blue hash marks (all Hot Hues again)

FRONT

SIDE

AND MY BACK END

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hello SSRcobra,
That is a SHARP truck. I really like what you did.

Also I see how you painted your front grill vs adding the Axiom bars. Much cheaper eh ?

Thanks for the pics !
Pretzel~

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
what kit did you use for your cobra??? I have been looking into a Factory Five kit for years. I am almost ready for their Mark III kit.

·
180 Posts
Big time thumbs up!

What an awesome collection! Love the paint and love the cobra. I'm hoping my Bohannon '55 shoebox Chevy turns out half that nice and I am really hoping it takes half the time!

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Nice Rides, SSRcobra. :thumbs

RickSSR :cool

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
It was a factory five mk II frame
I wanted a nice build so I powder coated the frame and had a driveable frame in 15 months after that is where everything went to crap the painter person that I picked 1st never did what he said he would do you a lost a year then I had to move it to a very trustworthy painter (the same guy that did the ssr) and he got it done it was just a little long then I thought it was going to take. I have learned that good thing do take time. As far as the cost figure what an new SSR would cost if you are going to do everything correct :)
It is a factory five mkII frame with a different body

1 - 10 of 10 Posts