·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought spoiler off ebay from

autowingandspoilerking

User ID autowingandspoilerking
I asked for him to paint it...
Ultraviolet......................21U.............................WA-245E.
and this is what I recieved?..... So did I miss something was there two different colors of Ultraviolet produced? It does not even come close to matching. He said he will accept a return for it but will charge a 50% restocking fee. I think it is a joke. So was this my fault?
20200515_173053 (1).jpg

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,115 Posts
If he won't budge on the deal with shipping and handling and 50% restocking fee you might just want to keep it and get it painted locally to match exactly. Just an idea. Then you could just call it good and move on. If he sent you another one it still may not be correct. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,027 Posts
Well, that just sucks....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If he won't budge on the deal with shipping and handling and 50% restocking fee you might just want to keep it and get it painted locally to match exactly. Just an idea. Then you could just call it good and move on. If he sent you another one it still may not be correct. Good luck.
I have consided this.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
I have a spoiler similar to yours that I also bought on eBay several years ago. I just wanted it primed as I wanted the spoiler, running boards, and the engine shroud painted UV also. Had them done by a local body shop guy. They turned out great.
Just my 2 cents but many of these colors are hard to match, I would rather have them scanned and painted locally.
I would keep the spoiler, take your UV R to a good body shop, have them scan it and paint it. That should work.

Good luck
Agcat

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,954 Posts
If you have not sent him the picture I would say you should and then offer to let him replace it and you will return this one at your cost if he gets it right on the second try. If he says no I would take Auggie's idea.

·
Slingshot Rules!
67,457 Posts
I recently bought spoiler off ebay from User ID autowingandspoilerking
I asked for him to paint it...
Ultraviolet......................21U.............................WA-245E.
and this is what I recieved?..... So did I miss something was there two different colors of Ultraviolet produced? It does not even come close to matching. He said he will accept a return for it but will charge a 50% restocking fee. I think it is a joke. So was this my fault?

That just STINKS, Bukvod . . .

This is totally the Seller's Fault and I would insist on a full refund or a "do over" asap. Name calling or getting nasty is not necessary, just make it right.

If he refuses, simply dispute the charge via eBay and supply proof with pictures.

Good Luck.

! :cool: ! :mad: ! :cool: ! :mad: ! :cool: !

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,954 Posts
That just STINKS, Bukvod . . .

This is totally the Seller's Fault and I would insist on a full refund or a "do over" asap. Name calling or getting nasty is not necessary, just make it right.

If he refuses, simply dispute the charge via eBay and supply proof with pictures.

Good Luck.

That is a better idea than mine!

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Yes, if seller won't come to the party, take all you documentation direct to ebay. I have had several disputes with ebay buyers and sellers over the years and I have found that ebay will fairly resolve issues given an opportunity.
That said, what was / is the sellers stated return policy? That could play into the resolution.

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,183 Posts
Yes, take it to local shop who knows how to match color.

The hassle to fight with seller isn't worth your time.

Ultra Violet 04 is hard to match.

My 2 cents.

Dicktator

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,115 Posts
Yes, if seller won't come to the party, take all you documentation direct to ebay. I have had several disputes with ebay buyers and sellers over the years and I have found that ebay will fairly resolve issues given an opportunity.
That said, what was / is the sellers stated return policy? That could play into the resolution.
He said at the beginning he had to pay shipping and 50% fee for restocking. That is why I recommended just get it painted the correct color and skip all the hassle.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
He said at the beginning he had to pay shipping and 50% fee for restocking. That is why I recommended just get it painted the correct color and skip all the hassle.
What the seller "said" and what was listed in the auction may be two different things. Unless the return policy is specifically listed in the auction, then he can make a case with Ebay.

·
Slingshot Rules!
67,457 Posts

The primary justification for my post is a previous experience.

Many years ago, shortly after adopting The Doophus, I ordered a very similar spoiler via eBay. Possibly even the same company. If I remember correctly, there were two options . . . unfinished "paint it yourself" or for an additional fee they would paint to match your vehicle. I paid the extra fee and supplied the "Color Code."

Once received it was obvious . . . NOT A MATCH. I immediately contacted the seller with an option that he could refund the additional "Color Match" fee or try again at his expense. He arrogantly refused both options.

So what else could I do? It was either eBay or dispute the entire charge with American Express. I contacted eBay first with my story requesting their help and they took over. They arranged to have the spoiler picked up and returned to the seller with a FULL REFUND.

Bottom line, if "Color Matching" is a problem . . . DON'T OFFER IT.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Good for you DOOPHUS. Ebay can and will be very helpful in these situations.

As for color match, I agree it can be a challenge. The silver one I bought from Ebay was ever so slightly different from my truck. You can see it in just the right light. But I accepted it knowing that the paint on the truck was aprox 15 years old and the paint on the spoiler was fresh. No one would ever know without close examination.

However, the color difference Bukvod is experiencing is significant and deserves attention. He shouldn't have to shell out more $$ to make it right. The seller should step up and make things right.

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,115 Posts
What ever happens please keep us in the loop because if this guy burns you I for one would not buy from him or recommend him. Thanks. Hope it all turns out in your favor.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts