Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just finished two days with the Dicktator. One afternoon in the classroom and one day in a tech workshop. Dick is a wonder to behold. His knowledge of these machines is beyond belief. Many of you know this, but this was my first exposure to a true professional. I encourage any who can, spend some time with Dick. A real gentleman and his experience is amazing. My thanks to Dennis for setting it up and Bill for opening his home. Great people there and great fun...

Jon Schorle.....chiefjon

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,457 Posts
Just got home from this wonderful weekend and want to thank everyone who attended. I am sure there will be pictures posted. A lot was accomplished, and a good time was had by all, as usual at such events.
Round trip was 10.5 hours of driving.

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
I'd also like to thank you all for this very special event...

The 'classroom' portion on Saturday was extremely informative. The Dictators knowledge is a very valuable treasure to experience. The facility for the class was perfect - thanks for the great 'training room' - very appreciative... (Great Bay area aerial photos on the wall there too...)

Bill, thanks for letting us turn your street into an SSR car show... All the neighbors seemed to like it! :) :flag

I'm still taking in all the SSR info and and glad to be making many new SSR friends...

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,457 Posts
Time to consider creating a "SSR Hall of Fame" This could be something we vote on at the end of each year. Dick has my vote as the first inductee, heck the award should be a statue of "The Dictator":wink2: just me thinking out loud:grin2:.

"Long may you ALL run"
Hall of Fame sounds like a good idea to me. Determining the criteria might create a problem.

Reactions: SSR Rob

·
Registered
246 Posts
Thank you to all those who took the time to put this SSR educational gathering together.. What an experience to see such talent at work.. Great job everyone, thanks again.....

134 Posts
I knew It would be the right choice.
I gave up going to the Good-Guys
West Coast Grand Nationals Car Show......
Just to learn from the Master......
Now I know why they call him ,
Dicktator

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
I would like to thank Sue Dillon for the seminar location, the food, drinks, cookies, and letting her husband Little Dennis come out to play. There was a good turnout of some really great people and a very good time was had by all. Dick the Dicktator was in rare form. He wowed us with his knowledge, entertained us with some great jokes, a few of which were off colour, but who's counting ( 11 ). After the seminar several of those attending went to a Mexican restaurant and had a terrific meal, sat around and talked for an hour and a half then those of us from out of town went to our hotels for the night. I stayed in the Crown Plaza hotel on the 8th floor, room 813 with a perfect view of my truck, alone in the parking lot, just the way I like her, alone with the nearest car 40ft. away. And yes I checked her every time I got up to Pee, which was often. The following day was the workday and a big thanks to
( Jhunsfun ) Bill Jhun and his lovely bride for their hospitality and generosity in opening their home to all of us and they couldn't have been nicer. Food and drink and tools and the use of the most fabulous, unbelievably, incredible, and downright spectacular guest bathroom that you have ever seen. I think Bill should post a picture of this room. You won't believe that this is a guest bathroom. It puts 90% of the master baths that I've seen to shame. Don't get me wrong the whole house is spectacular but the guest powder room is amazing and the john has instructions on the wall as to how to operate it. All I can say is Bill's Tush sits in comfort and style while the bowl does all the work. The workday went great with Dick going from R to R pointing to this and that, fixing this and fixing that, explaining what and how the trucks work and when they don't work and why. I had my outside rear view mirror go bad and all of the fluid in the heating element leaked onto the mirror face and turned it a light Brown colour and cause it to give a double image. I was reluctant to do the change alone so Dick, Dennis Dillon and myself dove in to change it. It was touch and go for about a minute and a half but with Dicktator there it popped right into place. I disconnected the wires to the heating elements and taped them up so I won't have a repeat of this again. I'm living in California and plan on moving to Arizona so what do I need with a heated mirror. Late in the afternoon, Dwight said he was leaving so I decided to travel with him back to the god-awful traffic infested wannabees, I'm more important, get out of my way, I drive a Beemer, I'm special your not, unpleasant town of L.A. ( which stands for lower Afganastan ). Good to be home, can't wait to move out, can't wait for the next run to somewhere, anywhere, when are we leaving, I'm ready! Thanks to all of my Brothers and Sisters in the SSR community who came, laughed worked, ate, talked, and shared what they knew. Thanks to Big and little Dennis, Bill, Dwight, Lance, Sue, Brad, Kieth, Chris, Frank, Robert, Jon, and the Always quiet, shy, diminutive, wallflower, his royal hiney the grand PooBaa of SSRastan The DICKTATOR

·
RedHotSSR
605 Posts
Hall of Fame

Hall of Fame sounds like a good idea to me. Determining the criteria might create a problem.
How about Someone who has been a "Leader" in supporting the SSR Forum / Family Nationally and in their region through providing Education, Tech / Workshops, organizing "SSR Rallies" and last but not least posted "Positive" feedback to other R owners asking for help or just answering their questions. Lots of GREAT folks out there deserving of this recognition.

That should be a good start for the criteria and give us an opportunity to recognize those in the R family who contribute to our R experiance:grin2:

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
We can honor and give out plack at the international rally. Maybe add past members 2019 rally to catch up from prior years. Dicktator should definitely be on list

·
Registered
196 Posts
Make No Doubt About It

I remember calling him when I overheated. He was eating supper, but continued helping me and got me back on the road home.
Dicktator is a peach of a guy.
Property values went up in his neighborhood. Being his neighbor has to be great!
There are so many others who contribute to this little truck. A Hall of Fame Award would be very easy for the next 10 years or so....

This is one of the best forums out there and it was made by everyone who posts here! Wonderful people indeed!

I am blessed to be part of the group.
Thank You

1 - 14 of 14 Posts