41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
I found this old post by Axiom

http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/12491-post6.html

This is part of the post:
This vehicle is one of the GM vehicles, and was provided to TracTech. GM wanted to see some more aggressive Aftermarket Accessories for these vehicles.

The Enduro is sporting the Magnacharger, the TrueTrac Lockers, and the Aggressive stance is very cool. From BellTech, Halibrand and Toyo Tires.
As far as the ride, holy....., feels great, very smooth hookup, and zips through So Cal traffic! Loads of Improvement.

They needed to keep the production model somewhat conservative, and are looking forward to it having some Aftermarket "Attitude Adjustments" available for its enthusiasts.

I have heard hints of Joint Ventures between GM and various companies on some of the original WD1 Pilots but not sure if I have ever entirely confirmed it, although I should revisit my notes on The Americano - #306.
Bob Walczyk was not able to give me much to go on either.

This post indicates #309 was "provided" to TracTech and the CarFax indicates the Title was transferred from GM
Whether this was to a JV group where GM was still part owner, or a complete Title transfer is unknown (to me)

I viewed the CarFax trying to determine what might have transpired but is difficult to follow what happened

6.26.2003 - GM transferred Title (Build Sheet show BOD of 6.26.2003, so done immediately from LCC)
8.11.2004 - Hamilton Chev in Warren MI sold it with 5240 miles - not sure how a Chevy dealer got involved if the Title was being passed around between contributing parts manufacturers
6.03.2005 - It was serviced in Rockport IL, the only indication of ever being outside MI, so could possibly have been serviced while on tour
6.13.2006 - Title transferred from Eaton to Eaton employee - 30000 miles at the time (see Post 35)
CarFax indicates current Registrations through 2016

I may try and dig up a phone number for the people at Axiom, although unlikely it is still in service

·
Premium Member
15,490 Posts
I found this old post by Axiom

http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/12491-post6.html

This is part of the post:
This vehicle is one of the GM vehicles, and was provided to TracTech. GM wanted to see some more aggressive Aftermarket Accessories for these vehicles.

The Enduro is sporting the Magnacharger, the TrueTrac Lockers, and the Aggressive stance is very cool. From BellTech, Halibrand and Toyo Tires.
As far as the ride, holy....., feels great, very smooth hookup, and zips through So Cal traffic! Loads of Improvement.

They needed to keep the production model somewhat conservative, and are looking forward to it having some Aftermarket "Attitude Adjustments" available for its enthusiasts.

I have heard hints of Joint Ventures between GM and various companies on some of the original WD1 Pilots but not sure if I have ever entirely confirmed it, although I should revisit my notes on The Americano - #306.
Bob Walczyk was not able to give me much to go on either.

This post indicates #309 was "provided" to TracTech and the CarFax indicates the Title was transferred from GM
Whether this was to a JV group where GM was still part owner, or a complete Title transfer is unknown (to me)

I viewed the CarFax trying to determine what might have transpired but is difficult to follow what happened

6.26.2003 - GM transferred Title (Build Sheet show BOD of 6.26.2003, so done immediately from LCC)
8.11.2004 - Hamilton Chev in Warren MI sold it with 5240 miles - not sure how a Chevy dealer got involved if the Title was being passed around between contributing parts manufacturers
6.03.2005 - It was serviced in Rockport IL, the only indication of ever being outside MI, so could possibly have been serviced while on tour
6.13.2006 - Title transferred from Eaton to Eaton employee - 30000 miles at the time (see Post 35)
CarFax indicates current Registrations through 2016

I may try and dig up a phone number for the people at Axiom, although unlikely it is still in service
Try contacting Kaminari if they're still around.

·
Tech Support/Research
1,604 Posts
Custom Builds

Cash wrote:
"I have heard hints of Joint Ventures between GM and various companies on some of the original WD1 Pilots but not sure if I have ever entirely confirmed it, although I should revisit my notes on The Americano - #306.
Bob Walczyk was not able to give me much to go on either."

From my research and discussions with principals involved, GM did contract work to different companies for different builds such as custom show cars/trucks and SEMA show vehicles. One of the subcontractors was the long-defunct company "Wheel-to-Wheel" of Sterling Heights, MI. They did a lot of specialized engine work and performed the SSR Pace Truck conversions as well.

·
Super Moderator
13,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)
Cash wrote:
"I have heard hints of Joint Ventures between GM and various companies on some of the original WD1 Pilots but not sure if I have ever entirely confirmed it, although I should revisit my notes on The Americano - #306.
Bob Walczyk was not able to give me much to go on either."

From my research and discussions with principals involved, GM did contract work to different companies for different builds such as custom show cars/trucks and SEMA show vehicles. One of the subcontractors was the long-defunct company "Wheel-to-Wheel" of Sterling Heights, MI. They did a lot of specialized engine work and performed the SSR Pace Truck conversions as well.
As far as I know Wheel to Wheel only worked on the Signature Series Pace vehicles as well as the subsequent rebuild of Signature 8 to emulate a Pace Truck for Roger Penske

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f3/signature-8-present-day-54454/&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwi-wvuvvqzTAhVn6oMKHegwBwcQFggEMAA&client=internal-uds-cse&usg=AFQjCNGVjY-uFRRsNVk20YI19gFRKMnFHQ

·
Super Moderator
13,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I am not sure how this came up on the screen,- but a great SSR - so happy!
I love the story of the Enduro
The last post was from my (our) friend Maui Mike and also our friend Greg (the SSR
I appreciate transmission man) Ducato
But also, a post from our Doug Allen - can't say enough about his contributions to the SSR community
One of my favourites - #369 - so cool! - What a great SSR she was
I have no idea how the new system works, but I love she is on the radar again
I appreciate my thread about a great SSR has been brought to all of those interested again

·
xs-cash
2,762 Posts
I reached out to MBRP about SEMA #317 , got a little response back , but basically told me that they have no real info on paper or on file on it , very hard to get info on a build from 17 yrs ago

41 - 46 of 46 Posts