Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In My Opinion-The Good- List is long but in brief: 1. Sounds Wonderful (exhaust and audio system),2. Looks/paint excellent! 3. Performs like a GM V-8 Sports car(?) should. 4. Beautiful Bed Treatment Option($895.) even though its not real wood. 5.Nice Solid feel. Doesn't feel like a truck. 6. etc. etc. etc.
Needs Imrovement- 1. Hard to reach seat controls-move to console 2. Change angle of Speedo- Hard to view odometer/computer "DIC" readout due to angle of bottom of speedo.3. No fuel filler arrow-(All Cars Need This stenciled near fuel gauge) 4.Needs factory XM and Navigation like Escalade has 5.Forget the running boards, they get in the way when entering and exiting truck- removing mine today. 6. Needs interior footwell lighting.

·
Registered
130 Posts
My thoughts on your list:

1. Sounds Wonderful (exhaust and audio system)
Agree, they got this right!

2. Looks/paint excellent!
Agree

3. Performs like a GM V-8 Sports car(?) should.
Agree. Very smooth powertrain.

4. Beautiful Bed Treatment Option($895.) even though its not real wood.
It is nice but way over priced. Do like the fact you can remove the "wood" so as not to damage it if you ever actually haul anything back there.:D

5.Nice Solid feel. Doesn't feel like a truck.
Agree.

My number 6. Easy to get in and out of! My mother (age 74) can not get into the Prolwer for example, but had no problem with the SSR.

Needs Imrovement-
1. Hard to reach seat controls-move to console
They are a little hard to reach but the placement of them (along with the memory and seat heat controls) keeps the door panels and console area looking cleaner.

2. Change angle of Speedo- Hard to view odometer/computer "DIC" readout due to angle of bottom of speedo.
Agree.

3. No fuel filler arrow-(All Cars Need This stenciled near fuel gauge)
No big deal but would be handy.

4.Needs factory XM and Navigation like Escalade has.
Not really something I would want but I do love the tech toys.

5.Forget the running boards, they get in the way when entering and exiting truck- removing mine today.
I am very pleased with the look of the running boards and did not find then to be in the way at all. Also like the extra protection they provide for the front of the rear fenders.

6. Needs interior footwell lighting.
Agree.

·
Registered
85 Posts
anyone have a picture with there running boards off??? I am not crazy about mine either they stick out to far I was thinking some nice chrome bars that hug tight to the truck would look good

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
anyone have a picture with there running boards off??? I am not crazy about mine either they stick out to far I was thinking some nice chrome bars that hug tight to the truck would look good
Before you make a decision, contact Mr. Sinister (a forum member). He modifies the running board mounting brackets to tuck the boards tighter to the body, so you have the benefit of not seeing the frame rail, and other Fanatics have posted that with the boards tighter it is easier to enter and exit.

:blur:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Before you make a decision, contact Mr. Sinister (a forum member). He modifies the running board mounting brackets to tuck the boards tighter to the body, so you have the benefit of not seeing the frame rail, and other Fanatics have posted that with the boards tighter it is easier to enter and exit.

:blur:
Below is the link to Mr Sinister's (Lonnie Bridges) web site for the running board modification

http://www.x-rodz.com/customersrodz/ssrrunningboardmod.html

Dave

·
Registered
340 Posts
Here's Lonnies

These don't get in your way at all !! Contact Mr. Sinister .

Topcat55:ssr

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Leave em' on. You will appreciate them when throwing stones on the interstate and when you want to wash the top.
You must be one of those "vertically challanged" fellows !!! I can reach the center of the top with no problem without using the running boards !!!!!:lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts