Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just had a conference call with General Motors and our Area Sales Manager that because of our SSR sales record has stated that we would be recieving the very last SSR ever produced the last VIN and it will have a special badge much like the last production run that states this is the last one produced is there anyone on this site that would be interested in the purchase of this vehicle it may even be the spring edition color they mentioned a special color only for this unit . ....

let me know guys

thanks

billy :)

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
ISLANDDREAMS said:
We just had a conference call with General Motors and our Area Sales Manager that because of our SSR sales record has stated that we would be recieving the very last SSR ever produced the last VIN and it will have a special badge much like the last production run that states this is the last one produced is there anyone on this site that would be interested in the purchase of this vehicle it may even be the spring edition color they mentioned a special color only for this unit . ....

let me know guys

thanks

billy :)

:eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek
I would love to have it.......oops my eyes are bigger than my wallet.
It's great that you are posting here.....but you'd probably make a little more money if you sold it to the guy who purchased #2,#3,&#4.....he's in Ohio I believe.:rolleyes:

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
Danko?

would you be willing to go as high as $29K:glol :glol :glol

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if i post on here i'd be lucky to get what i paid i'll post pics i'm sure and prob of delivery off truck pdi and delivery to final customer i may be able to put it on ebay and sell the the guy that bought 2 3 and 4 or . ..or better idea . ..i see elvis in the leather whats the online gambling company that bought the grilled cheese sandwich for 10k?

i have no idea on the price but i'm sure it'll be comparable to the other 2006's but i dont know what my boss wants to sell it for i'll try to keep him fair but right now i'm just asking for interest

·
Premium Member
9,312 Posts
I'd be surprised if GM released the last serial number for private sale. Second from last, maybe. I would think the last production number will go into their collection.

Ray

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it seems i'm the only dealer that has remained fairly enthusasitc about them they said last one ever built maybe they keep next to last . ...but tradition has it one of the last two is supposed to be mine they say the last one produced i asked not just the last one for sale but produced . ..so we'll see :)

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
I'll take it - but won't go $0.01 over MSRP. :glol

Chevrolet dealer Bob McDorman is a major collector with more than 200 vehicles in his stable, and nearly all of them Chevrolets, naturally. At his annual McDorman Chevy Show in Canal Winchester, Ohio, he trots out his finest rolling metal and fiberglass (owns at least one Corvette from each production year) and the impressive display is really something to see. Then, of course, there is the all-Corvette show on Saturday and the general car show on Sunday, plus a Corvette-only auction on Saturday and a all-makes and models sale on Sunday. In addition, a swap meet and a car corral are in operation all weekend.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
ISLANDDREAMS said:
if i post on here i'd be lucky to get what i paid i'll post pics i'm sure and prob of delivery off truck pdi and delivery to final customer i may be able to put it on ebay and sell the the guy that bought 2 3 and 4 or . ..or better idea . ..i see elvis in the leather whats the online gambling company that bought the grilled cheese sandwich for 10k?

i have no idea on the price but i'm sure it'll be comparable to the other 2006's but i dont know what my boss wants to sell it for i'll try to keep him fair but right now i'm just asking for interest
GoldenPalace.com. Heard they just bought Shatners kidney stone.....for $25k
They might cough up a little more for an SSR

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my boss will prob just buy it at gms and stick it in his garage that would kinda stink you know not giving me an opportunty to see what its worth i'm the new car manager . ...i dont even get paid to sell an ssr

·
Registered
153 Posts
WOW_FCTR said:
:eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek
I would love to have it.......oops my eyes are bigger than my wallet.
It's great that you are posting here.....but you'd probably make a little more money if you sold it to the guy who purchased #2,#3,&#4.....he's in Ohio I believe.:rolleyes:
:agree

·
Registered
374 Posts
Ah... this reminds me of a story...

Back in the early 80's I worked at a Chevy dealership in Houston (it's gone now), and the dealer bought a new Corvette of the model year each of his children were born. He stored them at the dealership. I thought this was a pretty cool idea.

Another employee of the dealership, who was a "pet" of the GM, on his final day of employment at this dealership, was asked to drive one of the vettes around from make ready where they had detailed it to the parking area where new cars were delivered. This was next to a cinder block wall under an awning, the other side of the wall was the warehouse for the parts department. The dealer was coming down from his office suite to drive the vette home that day, it being whichever childs birthday it was (they were both little kids at the time) and traditionally he gave whichever a ride in "their" vette on that day.

Anywho, this guy misjudged the long nose on this vette and also goosed the throttle to get it up the little incline to the parking area, and hit the wall, punched a hole clean through into the parts department. A. Big. Hole.

He got really PO'd at me because I almost wet myself laughing at this, like somehow he could fix it so the dealer didn't see it.

And that's why it was his last day of employment at that dealership.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I would be ready to contribute to a fund to buy it as the cornerstone for an SSR museum. GM might want to help out for such a program as well.

Who here has the connections to get that ball rolling?

Driving a Hot Rod
Skip

·
Premium Member
6,370 Posts
Last SSR

The Craft Center has been down since Christmas. They are not scheduled to go back untill Feb. sometime. The rumor is that there is a good chance that they may never build another SSR! Just a rumor, so you know what that means? The last one is already built!:yesnod

Scott 0168 :eek

·
Premium Member
9,312 Posts
If Scott is right, this announcement from GM isn't valid, and the confirmation my dealer received that we have a preferenced order is also invalid.:cry

Stay tuned!!!! I'll be checking with my dealer this week to see if he's heard anything new from GM.

- I'm going with the letter and confirmation for now. I like that scenario a lot better.

Ray

http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/showpost.php?p=80703&postcount=1

·
Registered
374 Posts
Scott 0168 said:
The Craft Center has been down since Christmas. They are not scheduled to go back untill Feb. sometime. The rumor is that there is a good chance that they may never build another SSR! Just a rumor, so you know what that means? The last one is already built!:yesnod

Scott 0168 :eek
I doubt this. Why would Chevey GM Ed Peper send out that letter just 5 days ago regarding special badging on the final run of SSR's if the plant isn't going to build them?

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,146 Posts
Donnysan said:
I doubt this. Why would Chevey GM Ed Peper send out that letter just 5 days ago regarding special badging on the final run of SSR's if the plant isn't going to build them?

Did you ever hear the phrase "The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing"?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts