Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kate and I were somewhat shocked when her name was called as Best 1999 and newer GM Truck at an all GM show.
Maybe the stars were aligned because, even though I was a bit tardy, they saved us a spot on Murderer's Row
We always have huge competition in such a vague category, but the judges finally got it right!

I figured it was going to rain so lazy guy that I am I did not gussy Kate up on Saturday.
5 am Sunday, the sun was shining! Damn!
I was looking forward to a bunch of football, but I realized Kate needed a day to show off.

Maybe she wasn't, but I was shocked when our name was called - such a tough category to win!
Hugs to Kate! :wub:

And Crannies.JPG Nooks.JPG Delivery Day.jpg

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,376 Posts
Good for Kate!! and you.

Nick

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Way to go Dale. The 'win looks good on you.

And OMG, if the photos are of Kate unprepped for a show, you must shiver when you see our SSR at the Penticton show ...

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,387 Posts
Congratulations on the win Kate. Give Dale a break and don't cause any unexpected problems just because he almost missed your chance to shine. He means well and you know it!
Dale, at least you got there in time for the judging.>:)

Reactions: Cash

·
Super Moderator
13,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Ken
I go through a lot of Q Tips! HaHa!
Considering we have 41000 miles I think Kate is close to showroom condition in terms of cleanliness!
For me, keeping up on the wheel wells is the toughest, but I work on that as best I can
A reason I don't lower her, as much as I would like to because I think the SSR lowered looks so cool.
Trying to get my hands in there is tough enough as it is

·
Super Moderator
13,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congratulations on the win Kate. Give Dale a break and don't cause any unexpected problems just because he almost missed your chance to shine. He means well and you know it!
Dale, at least you got there in time for the judging.>:)
When we got home we had a major brake/clutch smell - it was very intense - not sure but maybe I had something hang up in brake pads or whatever.
Both front wheels were hot, rears were cool.
But Dwight, I don't need you to suggest to Kate that I might not be looking after her too well! HaHa!
But she deserves all the accolades!

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,442 Posts
Those photos.....I'm a little embarrassed by my door jambs now....Thanks! Well deserved!

·
Super Moderator
13,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Those photos.....I'm a little embarrassed by my door jambs now....Thanks! Well deserved!
Kate is pretty pristine!
You can resurrect them but if you keep a vehicle clean from day 1 it is so much easier than trying to bring them back.
I get at the nooks and crannies a couple times a year with the Q Tips but I absolutely wipe/dry all of those parts every time I wash Kate.
I probably should have posted those pics of Kate when she was ROTM entrant/winner.

However, I guess I didn't need to! Thanks to all that voted!

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Yes, in you case hot front rotors could be a big problem. Something keeping your front brakes applied. Please do not tell me you also have a clutch problem? You must address this ASAP.

THE BIRDMANS

·
Just a Canadian Fanatic!!
2004 SSR Ultra Violet
42,664 Posts
Way ta go Kate N Dale !!! Were you at Smith Chevrolet??

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
44,465 Posts
:banana:cheer::banana:cheer::banana

·
Super Moderator
13,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Way ta go Kate N Dale !!! Were you at Smith Chevrolet??
Hi Rob
Yes, Smith Chev Olds All Chevy Show - my favourite show of the year (besides the Peach City Beach Cruise) lots of cool vehicles but mostly I can get home for Sunday Night Football. >:)
I also really like the Dueck Show in Vancouver that BC Pacific (Peter) overlooks, but I can barely get back for MNF from that one! HaHa!
Just some great Chevy's at that one though - fun part is they are vehicles I don't see at the middle/interior BC car shows I attend.

For those that know him, I was hoping to see El Donovan Sunday but he is struggling with cancer and it sounds like it might be getting the upper hand on him.
I spoke with Anita today, but El was resting - wish him well :silver::thumbs

1 - 18 of 18 Posts