Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,572 Posts
Be aware that both the bow tie and the SSR lettering have alignment holes in the tailgate for the pins that are part of the emblems. 2 holes under the bow tie, 2 under the SS and 2 under the R

You will need to get them welded closed and then repaint the tailgate……

Just sayin’

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
5,294 Posts
My 04has the tail gate shaved and I like it. Funny thing is I didn't notice it at first. It was after I got my second truck and was washing it and had the wash mitt hang up on the R that I went wait a minute. I walked over to the other and looked at it and had one of those HMM moments.

·
Premium Member
2004 SSR chevy slingshot yellow
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know about the pins I had read a thread about them before. That why they are still there 4 now . I done body work , stripped to bare metal and painted about 8 vehicle before , as practice to paint my last car 73 mustang , side hobby, but have not played with paint in the last 12 years. When I moved lost my shop. Car Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
first painted red but later upgraded to copper head orange with stripes, also did my interior and installed my vinyl top. Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Premium Member
2004 SSR chevy slingshot yellow
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes that's cool , i plan on using some carbon fiber vinyl , and had used it on my last car , on some of the interior and outer door handles, thinking about doing outside door handles (SSR) in 5D carbon fiber vinyl , not a big fan of crome.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts