Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Daily Driver
9,282 Posts
Excuse my ignorance but why would blue dots be illegal?
When they were first used taillights were much smaller and the light was strongest from the center because of the bulb. Putting a blue glass dot in the center cause the tail light to appear violet or purple from a distance, confusing Grandma and Uncle Jake on the way home from the bar. Since the only people doing blue dots were crazy teenage hot rodders, drag racers and commie sympathizers, they were made illegal in most states way back in the '50s or '60s. Once it's on the books it stays on the books, as it's just another tool for police to stop and search.

·
Registered
'05 Aqua Blur 6-spd
864 Posts
I love the blue dots. Not legal here in Nebraska or I may have gone the Buick way rather than the '59 Caddy.

Dave
What is the Buick look for the SSR? :unsure:

I know the '59 Caddy. The only Buick look I know is the '56 tail light lens in the '55 Chevy housing. A great upgrade for the '55.

Reactions: nj6969

·
Registered
'05 Aqua Blur 6-spd
864 Posts
One of my favorite tailgate treatments is @WyoSilver's look from the Tri-Fives Nomads with the vertical chrome stripes. Gives an elegant look to the tailgate. Maybe it works so well is because the SSR is silver too. But I think it would work on most Rs, like an Aqua Blur.

Car Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Photograph Grille

·
Registered
'05 Aqua Blur 6-spd
864 Posts
Here is my rear end with the chrome spear I made a few years back. View attachment 602754
I saw it at the Cinci International Rally. Of all the "rear spears" I like yours the best because of the way fits around the tail lights. It doesn't just lay flat against the body and tail light, but is extended out creating a 3D look. :)

·
Registered
Egyptian Edition 05 SSR
52 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 Redline SSR 6 speed, 2013 Porsche Cayenne S 4.8 Liter, 1990 Harley Davidson FatBoy FLSTF
224 Posts
Gone is the lettering , cleaner but next the bow tie and SSR will go by by. View attachment 602548
CharleSSR great to see even your SSR is wearing it's mask, sorry I just had to jib jab you about the blue mask on the rear license plate. On the serious note, I like your rear spoiler.
Cecil

21 - 38 of 38 Posts