Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in that group of people that thinks "If it ain't broken, DON'T FIX IT!" I've been around computers, the internet, forums of all types, etc. since the late 80's so, I've seen a lot of ways of doing the same job through the years. "User Friendly" GUI's (graphical user interface) are my favorites.

I find this particular format hateful. It's VERY difficult to navigate and find what you are looking for. I wish we could go back to having a Search for each individual thread at the top of the thread.

Maybe I've become an old curmudgeon of sorts but I just had to say... The new version of our forms sucks! :mad:

·
Registered
351 Posts
I find this particular format hateful. It's VERY difficult to ...
:mad:
I wouldn't have thought of a website as "hateful" for its layout or lack of functionality. Personal attacks or denigrating assaults, yes, but not for bad, impersonal design. :unsure:

Learn sump't'in new every day. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
nothing we can do about it! I liked the old site cause you could easily find out what was going on in each state Now each state has gone to emails for just those SSR,s on some in state list

·
BAD BOW TIE
8,986 Posts
Sorry you're not happy. It ain't great but it is what it is. Hope you find a way to make it work for you.
I like what WIZZR said as that fits most things in life in general. It is what it is. Lots of adjustments this past year for me. You have to learn to adapt or you will never be happy or content. It is what it is.

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
U think this new site is bad, and I agree. Try being forced to use Window 10 from loving to use Windows 7! I "HATE" change when it is harder to use!! Windows 10 makes no sense compared to the easy to use Window 7!! Thanks, I feel better now. (not really!) They make changes just for the sake of change! WHY?

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
nothing we can do about it! I liked the old site cause you could easily find out what was going on in each state Now each state has gone to emails for just those SSR,s on some in state list
i think you want the following:
next to your avatar three vertical dots..
click....will show FORUM LISTINGS,
scroll down to CLUBS, EVENTS &
REGIONAL DISCUSSIONS and click on
AMERICA also shows Canada

·
BAD BOW TIE
8,986 Posts
What I want to know is why didn't they produce a page that says how to use the site and do all these things. I have to stumble around until I discover something or someone shows me how to do it. Would of been nice. Like the WIZZR says "IIWII.

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
I'm in that group of people that thinks "If it ain't broken, DON'T FIX IT!" I've been around computers, the internet, forums of all types, etc. since the late 80's so, I've seen a lot of ways of doing the same job through the years. "User Friendly" GUI's (graphical user interface) are my favorites.

I find this particular format hateful. It's VERY difficult to navigate and find what you are looking for. I wish we could go back to having a Search for each individual thread at the top of the thread.

Maybe I've become an old curmudgeon of sorts but I just had to say... The new version of our forms sucks! :mad:
Change is "Good" #44 Obama Did a number on us...…..Things are better????

·
Premium Member
6,839 Posts
Be like me ... stay off of it as much as you can. It's just NO fun anymore. To the guys and gals who changed it ... do the letters F O mean anything to you !!! tennesseecozydog. Banana Split II

·
Premium Member
9,223 Posts
They have fixed a few of the major concerns, including extending the editing possibilities on SOME forums.

What they haven't fixed is the inability to customize posts with color, font size and style, or brought back our old and familiar emojis. The old forum was much more intuitive. The editing and customizing functions were pretty much the same as on Word, so very familiar.

I don't spend much time here anymore, and the thread I posted about next year's Beach Cruise isn't getting anywhere near the traffic it had in prior years. Apparently I'm not the only one who has lost interest in the site.

Reading posts without any of the customizing that used to be possible is really bland and boring. Kinda like Pablum without sugar added.

It also bugs me that after multiple requests they still haven't returned our signature lines to show them in full like they used to be. Even when I click to show the full signature section, it still doesn't show the photo of the Sig 12 Gibson guitar.

I wonder if the admins have any way of tracking forum usage. I suspet it's down 50% from the old forum.

·
BAD BOW TIE
8,986 Posts
I have an old school cell phone and can only call people. I had text blocker installed on it so don't bother texting me. No Facebook and rabbit ears TV with no monthly bill. Oh ya no auto dish washer either just me. My kids call me a "CAVE MAN". Go figure.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts