Chevy SSR Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
It's a complete sentence with a subject and transitive verb. As an example of its utilization in a conversation, when one asks telemarketers what they do, the response is, "I phone." :ROFLMAO:
It's a complete sentence with a subject and transitive verb. As an example of its utilization in a conversation, when one asks telemarketers what they do, the response is, "I phone." :ROFLMAO:
:rolleyes: "a subject and transitive verb. "

OMG, my mother.....(a life long grade school/middle school teacher) has come back to life as a SSR Fanatic. Do about 98% of you even have a clue as to what (WTF) a "transitive verb" happens to be as defined???
I absolutely hated getting into proper grammatical English and (diagramming sentences, etc.)
We don't need to pursue this line of questioning anymore.

We've all griped about the new "format" that we have to deal with here...........this is just another (late arrival ) commentary about it.

Lets move on..................

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
MOVE ON? . . . WHY?

This is much more fun than "MOVING ON"

! :cool: ! :devilish: ! :cool: ! :devilish: ! :cool: !
:oops:

Doophus.........You joined up around 6 plus months or so after the (original poster) here and you currently have maybe 64,000 plus posting entries more than he has. While you do agree with his disgust with the new format....(and me too). If maybe he would log on and/or post more often like you have, he just might begin to work through the "glitches" of this new format and learn how............as many of us have had to do.........how to navigate within it.;)

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
The form is not the reason for this site. It is the FORUM. It is the TRUCK. It is the Fanatics. Although this new version is not loved like the old one, it allows the members to continue. Why was the change? Money. I was very vocal about my dislike about the change and the management telling us how wonderful it was but it really wasn't. But it is what it is. I don't like some of the comments from some of the newer members but then I don't like some of my relatives either, but they are still family, so they are tolerated. Also this is the only site I am aware of that the members are mostly 50 to 60 years plus. If there was a movie theater the did not allow anyone younger than 30 I would go the movies again.

I am 83 years old, so if I can change so can you.

Oh, and about the Search. Click on the 3 dots at the top right. Click on "Advanced Search" Type in your subject in the box. And THEN hit ENTER on the Keyboard. I finally found that secret to make it work.

Jack

21 - 24 of 24 Posts