Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow SSR owners,
Tuesday I bought a silver 2005 SSR (loaded). It was a GM promotional vehicle that had been in a couple of local parades (181 miles). I am thrilled to be a SSR owner and I just wanted to introduce myself. I live in sunny Tampa, Florida and I sold a 600 rwhp 2003 Cobra in order to purchase this wonderful vehicle. I plan on modding and sent off today for Jim Gs book. I do have alot of time on other mustang forums and I just want to say that (I have been lurking here for 3 days) I am very impressed with the positive, friendly attitude that prevails here on this board. Everyone genuinely wants to help eachother. I look forward to talking to you.

Sincerely,

Tom

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
Wildcat69 said:
Hello fellow SSR owners,
Tuesday I bought a silver 2005 SSR (loaded). It was a GM promotional vehicle that had been in a couple of local parades (181 miles). I am thrilled to be a SSR owner and I just wanted to introduce myself. I live in sunny Tampa, Florida and I sold a 600 rwhp 2003 Cobra in order to purchase this wonderful vehicle. I plan on modding and sent off today for Jim Gs book. I do have alot of time on other mustang forums and I just want to say that (I have been lurking here for 3 days) I am very impressed with the positive, friendly attitude that prevails here on this board. Everyone genuinely wants to help eachother. I look forward to talking to you.

Sincerely,

Tom
Hey Tom,
You picked the best color. Welcome aboard. Once you have "fanatic", you can't go back.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the automatic. I would have preferred the 6 speed, the same one I had in the Ford Cobra, but I haven't seen alot of them around. i just couldn't pass up the deal on this loaded SSR. $12,000 off sticker.

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,825 Posts

I bet the other boards don’t inform you how to poop.
Welcome, the way you post, looks like you’re an O.K. guy.
There is a search button upper right, to dig out those golden nuggets from years gone by.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hey Wildcat

Welcome. :seeya

There's plenty to be learned from all the well informed forum members.
I'm a long way from sunny Florida........but the SSR in western NY is just as much great fun.

Enjoy your new ride
Jim

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
So True

C1Trob said:
Hey Tom,
You picked the best color. Welcome aboard. Once you have "fanatic", you can't go back.

So True.......Welcome Aboard Tom looks like you have a positive, friendly attitude too.:thumbs That's what makes this site complete!!!!Congrats on your new :ssr experience!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Welcome from another almost newbie..got my '05 A/TRed Rocket a few weeks back..lovin'it:thumbs

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
Welcome Tom, from the Panhandle and the heart Redneck Riviera to a Florida brethern. The Florida group have get-togethers from time to time. Don't not get involved. Make sure you check out the Pin-Map and submit your info to take a place on the map.

You'll love it here.

Where did Wildcat 69 come from?

P/P

Peace:flag

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,102 Posts
Glad to have you

Welcome to the finest bunch of mixed nuts on the net. We do act a little like family most of the time. Every once in a while, somebody gets their panties in a wad about something silly, but it seems to become peaceful pretty fast. We have such a diverse group here that you will find support from angles you never knew existed.

Looking forward to another active member,

Mike:jester

·
Registered
117 Posts
Welcome

Tom
Welcome to the group.:seeya I too am somewhat new. I bought my '05 Slingshot 6-speed on Dec 21, 2005 (Merry Chrismas to me).
My good fortune however is that I still own my '65 Cobra 427 S/C (only 500 hp).:D Summertime will be time for choices every morning -- Cobra or SSR Cobra or SSR. :willy: It's a no-lose situation.:rolleyes:
Enjoy the ride you have!
Stan

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey P/P,
I am looking forward to getting together with some other SSR owners. I will put a pin on the map. Wildcat69 came from: I am born and raised in Kentucky so the Wildcat is from THE University of Kentucky Wildcats (who have won more NCAA games than any school in the history of mankind) and 69...well...I will let you use your imagination on that number!!:jester

·
Thank You To Our Troops
19,853 Posts
Welcome!!!
I am here in the Panhandle until March 20th or so over in Panama City Beach not to far from Purple Penelope. If you get over this way maybe we can see you.

·
Registered
436 Posts
WELCOME W C 6 9 .

Since your are fresh out of the Mustang loop tell me this.....

Where do I go to find out more about the Bitchin 2006 Silver Saleen Mustang Fastback I saw today. Very well done production car. Lots of muscle, wide body, big flairs full of big tires and chrome factory wheels. And the center out the back exhaust sounded ever bit as good as my SSR on cold idle.

Driving a Hot Rod
Skip

PS, I was driving my Vette today, so in the end I had my way with him. :reddevil

PSS, after looking these Mustangs up on the web, maybe I did not have my way with him, maybe he was ignoring me. Yes, I'm afraid that was it. It was still very nice.

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
Nice color!!!
Welcome to the party..

Used to live in FL (Merritt Island). Now in sunny So Cal. You should be having some real good top down weather soon out there.:)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts