Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Joseph Bello. I’m your average white American male with a few kids, wife, and the daily rigmarole. I’ve moved to South Carolina last year and I’m certain I’ll stay here till I croak. The Humidity in summer can kiss my ass, but the rest of the environment is breath taking.

About me personally: I have an ongoing obsession with vehicles. I'm at 20 motorcycles, trucks, and cars that have gone through my garage. I think I have a problem with a vehicle addiction and mentioned seeking counseling. However, when I do seek counseling, it ends up as a group of guys and gals (fellow car nuts) and we start enabling each other all over again lol.

I'm hoping that this SSR will be the last big awesome toy that I pick up. But already, my eyes started gazing around the classifieds. Shame on me. I bought my dad a miata and I’m working on that for him. My facebook marketplace feed keeps putting old buick roadmaster station wagons in my eyes and god knows I’ve got a heart for a corvette powered anything. Dear god, either help me get it and turn it into an ecto cruiser, or help me to not get another car.

Feel free to hit me up on here or friend me on facebook. If you’re nearby and want to chat, I could always use a friend. Attached is just a pic of me goofin off for halloween.

Just for ****s and grins, here’s the cars I’ve had with the affectionate name given.

1. 1985 S10 Blazer – Red – Pile o’sheat
2. 1985 IROC-Z28 – Blue – Jeanette
3. 1998 S10 – Tan – Tenroc
4. 2004 Civic EX 2dr – Red – Kaider
5. 2003 Santa Fe – White – Sarah
6. 1990 Mustang GT ‘vert – White – Jester
7. 1990 Explorer – Black – Faded G
8. 1992 300zx TT – Maroon – Banshee
9. 2004 Yukon Denali – Maroon – Burgandy
10. 2006 Mercedes C320 – Black – Overpriced Civic
11. 2005 GTO – Yellow – Murica
12. 2005 Odyssey EX-L – Blue – Millennium Falcon
13. 2010 Mariner Hybrid – Blue – Recon2
14. 2009 Buell XB9SX – Red -
15. 2009 MKX – Tan – Egg
16. 1996 Grand Am – Blue – Megaman
17. 2016 F150 – Blue – Midnight
18. 1998 Firebird – white – Frost
19. 1985 IROC-Z28 – Blue – Carol Ann
20. 2005 SSR – Aqua Blur – Serenity, a.k.a. Sapphire :blur:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,871 Posts
Welcome to the Fanatic Family and we all appreciate the intro! You sound like a real Hoot! Look forward to meeting you at a SSR Rally someday! Now that you got that fender bender taken care of enjoy that Perma-Grin!

Reactions: CruDawg

·
Premium Member
1,842 Posts
ChknMnky....Welcome to the Fanatic website. Interesting read as well. I think you may have too much time on your hands tho’ naming all of your toys? Anyway you will enjoy the folks on this SSR site and there will be a lot of information available to you through owners and the How To Library. Looking forward to meeting you in the future, May 2019 will be the next time my R sees daylight as it’s always been a warm blooded R...Nevada and Florida but it hibernates in Ohio. You just missed a fabulous Rally in Warner Robbins also! I like your Aqua Blur....I have a Parts car just like it?

OLDxR
Dane

·
Daily Driver
8,958 Posts
The opportunities and horizons for making your SSR anything you want are endless.
There are peeps here with the knowledge and skills to help make any dream come true.
There are also some who will help you kill that case of beer. :cheers

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt
47,367 Posts
Welcome From Western Pa !!!!!!!!!! :00000732: Nice Intro !!!!!

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,637 Posts
Welcome from Forney Texas!!! Enjoy the ride and this group.

Nick

·
Premium Member
38,643 Posts
Welcome from Canada! :cheers

Congrats on your new SSR :blur: nice colour :thumbs

enjoy the permagrin!

:black:
:purple:
Krazy Ed

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,402 Posts
A big hearty welcome from Sunny Sturgis South Dakota!!!

·
Premium Member
9,382 Posts
Welcome from Western Canada.

There are some very valuable members on this forum with an endless supply of quality components to make your truck better.

I've been improving mine for 12 years, and am unlikely to look for another toy, because I'm so happy with the results of the improvements.

We can help you spend your money.>:)

Reactions: mikebike

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,564 Posts
Joseph......not sure about anyone else but I just cannot let it go. I have to ask!!

What is the story behind the name "Chicken Monkey"???? - :surprise:

2018-11-03-09-06-33-1646731431.jpeg <--------???--------> 2018-11-03-09-06-42-1830321509.jpeg

★□★ - I mean, there has got to be a story there somewhere!! - >:)

:laugh:

================
David :black:
images-4.jpeg

·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts
Ciao Joseph!!
(Beautiful Man is what "Bello" means in Italian, informational only for everyone but you)!

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to this fantical family!!
Sounds like you're going to fit right in with this group.

Like Larry @HUAW and Dane @oldxr implied; now that you have the truck,
it's time to get out there and meet the family!!
Keep your eyes on the forum and join us for the next rally. :grin2:
:silver: :cheers :blur:

David @Warrior=='06 as always...you crack me up LOL...awesome pics!!
I think either pic would make a great new avatar for "Handsome Joe".

:laugh: :laugh:

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
Welcome from the wet coast of BC Canada.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Joseph......not sure about anyone else but I just cannot let it go. I have to ask!!

What is the story behind the name "Chicken Monkey"???? - :surprise:

★□★ - I mean, there has got to be a story there somewhere!! - >:)

:laugh:

================
David :black:
View attachment 536063
The story isn’t too interesting. Back in my late teens/early 20s I had a lot of parties at my apartment with my roommates. Normally we played a tournament with the video game “worms”. One night we played some association game. You know the kind of games like, “take a shot if..”. We got smashed as usual and None of us remembered much of the night, but on the coffee table the next morning was a napkin with “chicken monkey” written in really poor hand writing. None of us could remember why it was so dam funny, but we knew it had us all hunched over laughing in the night. Like, neighbors threatening to call the cops, loud laughing. It ended becoming my nickname/gamertag because my handwriting resembled it the most.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,402 Posts
Is the chicken monkey related to the TRUNK MONKEY???

Reactions: James Dean
1 - 20 of 23 Posts