Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Boys and Girls, here is the skinny on TOG headers..... THEY DO NOT HAVE HEADERS THAT WILL FIT THE SSR!!!! Ordered a set, wouldn't fit, so now I must return them.

It would appear that only DynaTech has product that will fit the SSR... In fact, you can order headers, a hi-flow cat and y-pipe to install as a single hi-flow cat system using your existing dual exhaust from the cat back, or you can order a complete SuperMaxx system that includes headers,dual cats, piping and mufflers with all the associated brackets and bolts.

Neither is California Air Resources Board approved!

So there you have my $.02!

S

·
0 Posts
Stainless Works SSR headers & exhaust

Stainless Works now offers headers (with or without high-flow cats) & exhaust for the 2003-2005 SSR. Because we utilize the factory exhaust connections our headers will work with factory “cat-back” exhaust or our “Chambered cat-back” system. The “Stainless Works” exhaust system can be used with the stock manifolds & Y-pipe system as well. Give us a call at 1-800-878-3635 or look us up on the web at www.stainlessworks.net for more information.

Thanks,
Scott

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
Just a word of advice: make SURE you KNOW any headers you buy will for sure fit YOUR specific SSR.

Not all dealers, and not even all manufacturers, know for sure what their headers will actually (a) install on and (b) improve performance on.

And the labor to install and re-install is BIG.

You have been warned! :)

Jim G

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AMEN! I estimated my cost to about $300 to attempt to install TOG headers (That didn't fit) and put mine back to stock... I will get the final bill tomorrow! Fortunately we were able to import a set of Dynatech headers and cats quickly. They are on and are really really nice! We also installed an aftermarket dual fan setup that produces more CFM than the Z06 Vette fans.. Plus these fans fit the radiator perfectly. Once I get my bill tomorrow I will know more about the mfg. and cost...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts