Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This amazing "RNR" will help reduce the noise within the cab of your SSR.

It is made with a thick rubber material shaped to the contour of the area below the rearview window that creates excessive wind noise, while traveling down the road.

This "RNR" will fit snug, reducing the outside road noise into your SSR and when you are ready for the top to be down it is very easily removed by pulling on the tabs on both ends and it comes complete with a storage bag.

I have made many types of this sort of product experimenting to try and reduce the noise within the cab and this one is the one that finally works for me.

The cost is $80 which includes all shipping cost within the U.S.
Outside the U.S. - Additional Postage

If you are interested and want to order one, please PM me or email me at [email protected]. We can send you an order form and we will get your "RNR" order shipped to you. You can also call at 832-661-0109.

We can take PayPal or check for payment: Make sure you have your full name and address on the PayPal page. Use only Friends and Neighbors; this way it will cost you nothing to send money. PayPal; Friends and Neighbors at [email protected]

Larry Jones (HOT-SSR)
208 Timber Line Road
Georgetown, TX. 78633 :yellow::purple:
832-661-0109 Please leave Message

RNR.jpg

RNR 1 Pic.jpg

RNR 2 Pic.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,446 Posts
:|

Pay attention to planned SSR Rallies reasonably close to where you live. Consider attending as you just might find items such as this. Many of us did so at Maggie Valley..............:wink2:

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
These are nice and they do reduce the noise. But WARNING. when you use them you have to remind yourself they are there and to remove when you put the top down. They will bind between panels and even they are foam it will twist the hinges and not let panels close completely. "Been There Done That" first couple of times I used them. THEY DO WORK.

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,553 Posts
That looks like a pretty sweet kit Larry. Does it come with complete instructions to show my wife how to put it in and take it down?!?!! - :laugh:

It really does look very complete & I really like the accompanying carry bag, too. :smile2:

===============
David :black:
2018-03-11-16-21-52-778832444.png

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Looks very nice. I made one last year but it just never fit right as these require very close tolerance. Guess I didn't do a good job.

Also, be aware. If you have a wind suppressor between your seats and rear window, these are a real pain in the ass to install and remove.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Looks very nice. I made one last year but it just never fit right as these require very close tolerance. Guess I didn't do a good job.

Also, be aware. If you have a wind suppressor between your seats and rear window, these are a real pain in the ass to install and remove.
Yes Wizzr. With a capital PAIN in the A--.

·
Premium Member
2,446 Posts
Yes Wizzr. With a capital PAIN in the A--.

Geeeez, I'm not at all understanding the problem and/or pain in the azz......to insert a basically foam chunk that is cut to fit the opening between the rear part of the rood and the waterfall and opening for the top down brackets.

In Maggie Valley, when I bought mine.........the guys that were there selling them showed how to insert them. It was a 3 minute exercise at most.

I mean it's (FOAM), you can twist/turn it and make it reside in that "gap" where it needs to be.

How tough is that.:surprise:

As I 've noted here, the (real) problem can be forgetting that the foam insert is there when you push the (top down) button...........What is needed in that case is similar to one with a Harley that tries to use a (disk brake lock)....which is inserted into one of the holes in the front disk). Most of those types of locks also come with a large "reminder" attachment that you place where you cannot forget it before trying to ride off.:surprise:

Forget that one time and you'll never do it again.:|

Maybe a "sticker" down by your (top........up/down) switch would resolve that problem:wink2:

·
Registered
3,147 Posts

Geeeez, I'm not at all understanding the problem and/or pain in the azz......to insert a basically foam chunk that is cut to fit the opening between the rear part of the rood and the waterfall and opening for the top down brackets.

In Maggie Valley, when I bought mine.........the guys that were there selling them showed how to insert them. It was a 3 minute exercise at most.

I mean it's (FOAM), you can twist/turn it and make it reside in that "gap" where it needs to be.

How tough is that.:surprise:

As I 've noted here, the (real) problem can be forgetting that the foam insert is there when you push the (top down) button...........What is needed in that case is similar to one with a Harley that tries to use a (disk brake lock)....which is inserted into one of the holes in the front disk). Most of those types of locks also come with a large "reminder" attachment that you place where you cannot forget it before trying to ride off.:surprise:

Forget that one time and you'll never do it again.:|

Maybe a "sticker" down by your (top........up/down) switch would resolve that problem:wink2:
I guess it's all a matter of perspective.

When I was younger, I played with 50's and 60's vintage MG's, Triumph's and Healey's. I messed with putting tops up and down. At the time, that process was no big deal. But by today's standards, it would be a PITA for me.

So now I have a top that goes up or down in about 15 seconds. So something that takes 3 minutes to futz with is a pain in the ass for me. Again, a matter of perspective. I'm just getting old, that's all.

·
RedHotSSR
605 Posts
Noise

Noise also enters through the roof storage compartments two vents located on the outer side walls. I think Dictator has a fix in the How to Library where you take a close cell sponge, cut it in half and then insert it into the opening behind the vent cover. I did this and reduced the noise SIGNIFICANTLY. :grin2: Cost about $5 in parts and about an hour in time to install. VERY satisfied.
note: Thanks Jack.

Oh and if that is too much work JUST turn the radio up another couple of levels, that should do it.:wink2:

"Long may you all run"

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
/forum/images/SSRFanatic_2016/smilies/tango_face_plain.png

How tough is that./forum/images/SSRFanatic_2016/smilies/tango_face_surprise.png

As I 've noted here, the (real) problem can be forgetting that the foam insert is there when you push the (top down) button...........What is needed in that case is similar to one with a Harley that tries to use a (disk brake lock)....which is inserted into one of the holes in the front disk). Most of those types of locks also come with a large "reminder" attachment that you place where you cannot forget it before trying to ride off./forum/images/SSRFanatic_2016/smilies/tango_face_surprise.png

Forget that one time and you'll never do it again./forum/images/SSRFanatic_2016/smilies/tango_face_plain.png

Maybe a "sticker" down by your (top........up/down) switch would resolve that problem/forum/images/SSRFanatic_2016/smilies/tango_face_wink.png

When I was younger, I played with 50's and 60's vintage MG's, Triumph's and Healey's. I messed with putting tops up and down. At the time, that process was no big deal. But by today's standards, it would be a PITA for me.

So now I have a top that goes up or down in about 15 seconds. So something that takes 3 minutes to futz with is a pain in the ass for me. Again, a matter of perspective. I'm just getting old, that's all.
Wizzr, to me and you it is Pain maybe to 900 other people it is not. Does that make it right or wrong. Ever hear the saying, "Opinions are like A--holes- everyone has one". I found one thing since buying this SSR and joining this website. There is a lot of perfect people out here.

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Got mine yesterday. Man does this make it quiet. I hadn't even seen that gap. Duh. I couldn't believe how well it works. They now have special decal that goes under the top switch.

·
Premium Member
2,446 Posts

:crying:

OK, It seems that I spoke too quickly regarding installing one of these noise reduction deals.

I bought mine at the Maggie Valley Rally and the guy I purchased it from did the install while I watched. Now that I'm trying to re-install it for a trip out of town.............I'm finding it's not so easy after all.:frown2:

First of all, the damn seat hoops are in the way and I can't get them to stay folded forward without popping back due to the seat belt retrackter. Had to solve that with two bungie cords to hold both seat backs forward out the way.......:|

Now I'm not quite sure as to which way it goes to take advantage of the (double layers) properly. Also, I find myself puzzled as to the need and/or use of the 5 magnets that are glued on the thing. The shelf itself is not metal, so what purpose do the magnets serve??

Any hints/clues as to getting the thing laid in there properly are welcome. Clearly, I now see where Wizzr and Swt Ryd are correct.........it's indeed a pain to install.:nerd:

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
The only futzy place for me was the corners. Both were a PITA to get to lay flat. But that being said the lost,almost complete lose, of road noise was worth it to me. Great idea. I had already done the sponge trick to the vents and this just about takes 98% of it out. The last two percent the radio takes care of it.

Reactions: BlueStreak

·
Registered
481 Posts
There are metal pieces under the ABS that the magent can attach themselves too through the ABS. Just helps it position itself

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got mine yesterday. Man does this make it quiet. I hadn't even seen that gap. Duh. I couldn't believe how well it works. They now have special decal that goes under the top switch.
That's AWESOME Dave, we have worked really hard to make it easy to use by making it one solid
piece with no extra attachments. We hope the Road Noise Reducer (RNR) will help you enjoy your SSR EVEN MORE!

Making Your Ride Quieter!!
Larry Jones

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,557 Posts
:crying:

OK, It seems that I spoke too quickly regarding installing one of these noise reduction deals.

I bought mine at the Maggie Valley Rally and the guy I purchased it from did the install while I watched. Now that I'm trying to re-install it for a trip out of town.............I'm finding it's not so easy after all.:frown2:

First of all, the damn seat hoops are in the way and I can't get them to stay folded forward without popping back due to the seat belt retrackter. Had to solve that with two bungie cords to hold both seat backs forward out the way.......:|

Any hints/clues as to getting the thing laid in there properly are welcome. Clearly, I now see where Wizzr and Swt Ryd are correct.........it's indeed a pain to install.:nerd:
If you run the seats forward and release the back the Visors will hold the seat back while you work behind them. One of those "Good to know" items.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts